Flights on thanksgiving day...

Poprivet

Mouseketeer
Scored Free Dining for the week after thanksgiving. added a split stay to arrive on thanksgiving day..

Do you think I can expect decent times / prices for a flight on thanksgiving day?

Usually fly on Saturdays... Prices right now are high...

I would think it would be a slow travel day?

pop

We have found it much slower for travel than Wednesday. Prices were lower also when flying kids home from college on Thanksgiving Day, can't say about Orlando though.

Good Luck. The last time I flew on Thanksgiving Day to Orlando was 2001 (right after 9/11) and we were able to get reasonably priced tickets on a legacy carrier (AA) from our little tiny airport.

I am a SWA girl now, so I will cross my fingers for you.

Reminder, the schedule for Thanksgiving will open with SWA (if you are looking at flying with them) on 5/31.

Good Luck. The last time I flew on Thanksgiving Day to Orlando was 2001 (right after 9/11) and we were able to get reasonably priced tickets on a legacy carrier (AA) from our little tiny airport.

I am a SWA girl now, so I will cross my fingers for you.

Reminder, the schedule for Thanksgiving will open with SWA (if you are looking at flying with them) on 5/31.

Yup, We're on it..... checking everyday just in case.... Daughters family and My wife and I will be trying to book on the sam flight ... should we both do our own flights or just have one of us book all 6 tickets?

pop

We flew back home on Thsnksgiving Day a few years ago. We used SW and they even gave everyone a voucher for a free cocktail. Win!

I would think it would be a slow travel day?

Major holidays like thanksgiving will definitely be slow for traveling and flying, but that also means airlines will run reduced schedules on this day. So a route that’s flown, say, 3x per (normal) day will only go once on T-day. Point here is be prepared to have fewer choices of flights and possibly less convenient departure/arrival times than you may be used to.

We flew down to Orlando via Southwest on Thanksgiving day in 2015. There were a fewer flights than a normal weekday but we found a non stop for a very good price. I think we booked the flight about 2 months out.

The airports were quieter than usual.

We just flew out on Thanksgiving Day last year. It was much cheaper than the days around it. We took the first non stop flight of the day out of Midway on SW.

I booked it the day they released them for $116 one way.

We flew down thanksgiving morning and had a very reasonable flight from southwest. Booked morning flights we’re released.

We will be there the same time and I bet booking our flights on the same opening day with southwest! :) Hoping for a reasonable price since Delta want $783 round trip!

We flew in to MCO on Thanksgiving last year and it was great! The airport was really empty and there were quite a few empty seats on our plane. Security was a breeze.

We're planning on doing the same thing this year.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter