• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Flights of Passage Strategy - Try to ride at Rope Drop or wait until 45 minutes before closing time?

Watch Single Rider now... people are using it in place of FP. My daughter IS a single rider. 65 min wait for RR, she did single rider (I went in line with her to keep her company, she's 13). Entire SR line was families & groups. She waited 70 minutes to ride.
I agree that more people may try to go in SR without FP. But RnR SR at 65 min wasn't too uncommon prior to now. With Condensed/slow moving lines... If you can see the end of SR 1 full row outside the studio bldg. door, when you glance at it from entrance, I think you can usually expect >45.

We have a lot less patience for EE, given that backwards part makes me dizzy. If SR is wrapped around outside (there's only room for like a handful of small rows) towards the line entrance, we won't get in it. RnR also demands SR very frequently with ea. train.

If you plan on getting there early enough so that you'll be in the first part of the pack - rope drop. If not, end of day will be shorter. Rope drop lines go from shortest of the day to longest of the day fairly quickly so 10-15 minutes arrival time difference can make the difference between a walk on and a 1 hour wait.

how do you know you are at the front of the pack?

how do you know you are at the front of the pack?
I don't think rope drop is possible anymore unless you are staying at the Disney hotels and get the 30 minute early access. Since the 30 min early access is every day now, there's no way to rope drop unless you are at the Disney hotels or the Disney Springs hotels.

It depends on what time of year you go and what day of the week.
we rope dropped FOP twice during our week long trip in sept 2021.
The first time. We went on a Wednesday and waited maybe 5 minutes. There was no queue.
The second time, we went on Sunday. Arrived at the same time as Wednesday (if not earlier) and waited about 20minutes. A long queue had already started to form.

I did single rider last week on RR, Everest and TT. RR is super tough and slow and didn‘t save much time, so many groups of even riders for the two person car. TT was much easier because of the 6 person car, they won’t split a 2 person stand by group so you luck out with the 3rd seat and preferable since the pre-show is terrible (IMO), the only downside was it’s a lottery on how much fun your car mates are, I had two people who could have been statues the entire ride.

If you are going to rope drop FoP then make sure you get there early and do it proper. My suggestion is to be at the gates and ready to enter the park 45 minutes prior to stated park opening. That’s what I wanted to shoot for last July, but we didn’t arrive at the gates and enter the park until 5 minutes or so before stated park opening. The line for FoP ended up being more than an hour. If you aren’t near the front of the pack when they let people in and release them the line builds VERY quickly.

If you are going to rope drop FoP then make sure you get there early and do it proper. My suggestion is to be at the gates and ready to enter the park 45 minutes prior to stated park opening. That’s what I wanted to shoot for last July, but we didn’t arrive at the gates and enter the park until 5 minutes or so before stated park opening. The line for FoP ended up being more than an hour. If you aren’t near the front of the pack when they let people in and release them the line builds VERY quickly.
Did you have the Early Hours for staying at a Disney hotel?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter