Flight schedule checker and seat map on expert flyer does anyone know if expert flyer is legit or scam site?

Amydisneyfan

Mouseketeer
On another forum site I think it's called flyertalk I was recommended going on expertflyer to track flight status and seat map.
Do you know if expertflyer is a safe website?

I am a million+ miles flyer and am on FlyerTalk almost daily; it is absolutely legit. ExpertFlyer is owned by the same parent of The Points Guy and is also absolutely legit. ExpertFlyer offers some services for free but also has several monthly subscription services. The paid services would probably not benefit you enough to justify the cost.

Expert Flyer is a great site if you know exactly what you're looking for. If you're trying to decide where you should sit, the best site out there right now is AeroLopa. For Flight Status I've always had the best luck with FlightRadar24, the most useful tools at ExpertFlyer require a subscription that probably wouldn't be worth it for a single trip.

How is that any different from looking on an airline website to see which seats are still available?

How is that any different from looking on an airline website to see which seats are still available?
I'm assuming it's not see what seats are available, but the quality of the seats... limited recline, not lined up with the window, something under the seat in front of you, that kind of stuff.

Expert flyer is a geek tool.

It's not really about picking a great seat. It's about setting an alert so you can grab the seat if it becomes available. Some pax cancel or change their flight. Some pax upgrade to a higher cabin. Some airlines hold back some seats until closer to departure.

It's about knowing, to a point, how many seats are available in different fare buckets. Using the tools to increase your chances of booking award seats. Increasing your chances of.a free or paid upgrade to business class.

There are free tools, mentioned by PP, to help identify good seats on your flight.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter