• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Flight of Passage Standby wait times

Heather Mooney

Earning My Ears
I will be heading to AK on Saturday, February 3rd. This will be my first time seeing the Pandora World of Avatar Land. I was able to get an afternoon FPs for Everest, Kilimanjaro Safari, the Na'Vi River Journey but there were no FPs left for Flight of Passage. I'm planning on arriving at 8am so I can be there early before the park opens at 9am. I'm just curious how quickly the standby line will form and about how long the wait time might be if I arrived that early.

I will be heading to AK on Saturday, February 3rd. This will be my first time seeing the Pandora World of Avatar Land. I was able to get an afternoon FPs for Everest, Kilimanjaro Safari, the Na'Vi River Journey but there were no FPs left for Flight of Passage. I'm planning on arriving at 8am so I can be there early before the park opens at 9am. I'm just curious how quickly the standby line will form and about how long the wait time might be if I arrived that early.
:welcome: to DISboards, Heather!

If you arrive that early, there’s a good chance you can ride and exit FoP before the park officially opens @ 9:00. :-)

We got in the park this past Friday at 8:45 and there was already an 1:30 wait for FoP with its highest wait reaching 3 1/2 hours later that morning... I think you've got a good plan in mind. The earlier you can get there, the better.

I was at AK this past Monday. I was in the parking lot at 7:05am for EMH at 8am. We had were in the front of the line for rope drop.. probably first 10% of people let in. We were off FoP by 8:10am and I could not believe how long the line was at that time. Continue on to EE and Safari where we walked right on and never waited.. had about 10 min wait for Dinosaur. Finished all those rides by 10am. Felt bad for all the people we saw walking in as we walking out and everything was long waits by then. Get there early. We tried to beat the first bus there which made a difference.

I was at AK this past Monday. I was in the parking lot at 7:05am for EMH at 8am. We had were in the front of the line for rope drop.. probably first 10% of people let in. We were off FoP by 8:10am and I could not believe how long the line was at that time. Continue on to EE and Safari where we walked right on and never waited.. had about 10 min wait for Dinosaur. Finished all those rides by 10am. Felt bad for all the people we saw walking in as we walking out and everything was long waits by then. Get there early. We tried to beat the first bus there which made a difference.
I am glad there are no morning extra magic hours on Saturday. The thought of driving an hour+ on I-4 to get to the parking lot at 7am...eek! That is way too early for me on a weekend.

You could always try the nighttime strategy. We got in line at 7:36 pm last Thursday night and spent only an hour in line. Friends did the same thing the night before (got in line literally at 7:58) and spent only 40 minutes.

If you can't get a fastpass, the best strategy seems to be get to the park an hour before it opens or wait until right before the park closes and ignore the exaggerated wait times.

Hopefully these wait times will start to shrink when they open Toy Story Land. It may be a walk-on when they open Star Wars, and then we'll all be writing about getting to Hollywood Studios two hours before they open (or pay $150 for Star Wars Morning Magic)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter