• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Flight of Passage - Overrated?

Just rode it twice today and the glasses fogging up from mask wearing was definitely an issue for me, made it a little hard to see. (Still my favorite ride on property though :lovestruc )

If you're in seat 1 or seat 16, it will be blurry. Especially if you're on the top or bottom row. (The further away from the middle of the screen you are, the blurrier it is.)

Next time you ride, ask for seat 8 or 9. You might have to wait a minute (assuming the CM is willing to accommodate).

The optimum seats are middle two rows, seats 8 and 9.

I've had some bad glasses that made it not as awesome and TBH it is much better for me when I get a lower screen.

I rode it when I first opened and... I do have to agree that it's overrated. Everyone was hyping up how technologically advanced it was and it was referred to as Soarin' 2.0 during its entire development but... it's closer to Back To The Future (now The Simpsons Ride) over at USF? 25 years after that attraction debuted, I definitely was expecting more than ride vehicles moving in front of an IMAX dome screen.

Sometimes it's a tad blurry for me but that is just because I can't see well close up. I don't ride it very often because it makes me a little nauseous. Not violently ill but a little off. I have to kind of brace my arms when they are pulling the back close to keep me from being jammed into the front as well, if I can do that it gives me a little space and I can breath better. I spend the entire ride trying to control my breathing and trying not to watch anything too close so it's not very enjoyable. I've never thought it was all that since sliced bread, there are many other rides there I enjoy more but to each his own. I actually like Navi River better. I don't ride Star Tours or Mission Space for the same reason. Soarin doesn't bother me except everything being slanted.

Before ROTR it was my nephews favorite ride at any of the parks, so we always made it a priority at AK. I like it fine, it’s never been blurry for me, but it makes the kid very happy, and that adds to the fun. I think Everest is better.
I’ve only ever done it with FP, I wouldn’t wait in a super long line for it. Also I find the pre-show to be pretty tedious.

Not much different to me with FOP vs. Star Tours, or any other motion simulator. Scenes are different but basic experience is the same. They all make me nauseated. Never noticed blurry. Wish I enjoyed this more with all the hype.

The first time we rode I was telling another member of my party that this was like an upgraded Soarin'. Someone in line ahead of us turned and started into a "oh, no - it's so not that. Just wait, your'e all going to be blown away" and...... it was an upgraded Soarin'. We loved the ride but considering what it is and the lines for it, overhyped/overrated is a perfect description.

Depends on the seat position in my experience. If your off on the end it seems to distort a bit. I don't know where you were located though. I thought it was a neat experience. The entire "pre-show" thing is a bit long IMO and is kind of meh. But the glasses thing has been mentioned a lot on here. Some have to clean them, some position them just right etc. I find it very similar to my sons VR headset, it takes a bit to get things situation to avoid blurriness.

Anyhow I know you are not alone on that opinion though.

If you aren't a glasses wearer, you might not realize how much some face masks fog up glasses. You may want to switch to a mask with a fitted wire top or pinch down on your mask at the nose bridge on rides that have 3D glasses.

The first time we rode I was telling another member of my party that this was like an upgraded Soarin'. Someone in line ahead of us turned and started into a "oh, no - it's so not that. Just wait, your'e all going to be blown away" and...... it was an upgraded Soarin'. We loved the ride but considering what it is and the lines for it, overhyped/overrated is a perfect description.

Just like the movie then lol.

*Disclaimer: I've never ridden Flight of Passage and have no opinion on it.

I've been on it over 20 times and I still love it, the only time I've ever not loved it was when I had streaky glasses. I also don't love it when I'm on the bottom level, I hate having to look up at everything, but I do still enjoy myself regardless. It can be hard with the mask with fogging up until you get used to it and can learn how to wear your mask without causing the issue. I know my youngest has issue with some 3D glasses where it's not the best experience, so maybe that is the issue? Either way, it could be any number of reasons why you maybe didn't have the greatest experience, I always recommend a second chance and if you still don't enjoy it just maybe realize you're one of those people who just don't find it enjoyable.

I always call it Soarin' 2.0, but I do love Soarin' so that's a fine comparison to me lol. I won't wait in the huge line though, either I get there pre-park open and walk on or ride at park close when the line is shorter (pre-covid I always had a FP), but I won't wait in that line.

I, too, feel it is completely overrated. Maybe I read too much before experiencing it, but the hype was just not there for me. I even rode it a second time to try to fall in love with it and dive deeper into the experience, but...nope. My husband and son will ride for the first time at the end of the month and I'm anxious for their takes on it.

I always call it Soarin' 2.0, but I do love Soarin' so that's a fine comparison to me lol. I won't wait in the huge line though, either I get there pre-park open and walk on or ride at park close when the line is shorter (pre-covid I always had a FP), but I won't wait in that line.
It is definitely Soarin 2.0 with a ridiculous wait. People love it, Im just not one. Its a beautiful ride, but not for me

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter