Flight of Passage is Scary...

xoSonya

First Disney Trip Ever May 2018!
It's not exhilarating, it's frightening! Is it incredible? Absolutely. But, please be warned---some young children might leave crying. Adults, there are many drops and flying sequences at high rates of speed. That orange banshee scene even made my daredevil 8 year old son nervous. Motion sickness might be an issue for some.

Please keep in mind that I am a woman of a particular age and I don't like roller coasters, either. There will be plenty who think differently than I do about this attraction, I wanted to just provide my opinion. Please don't flame me.

My husband felt a little ill after FOP. He generally likes fast rides and rollercoasters but he said he can't do it again. My daughter, 12, had her eyes closed the entire time. She doesn't like fast rides, Dumbo and the Tea Cups are more her speed, but at least she tried it.

JMO, nothing scary about it to me, but because of my severe astigmatism, only was able to ride it once - was sort of 'out of it' (spacey) for 30 min. or so.

I'm in the minority on this ride. I have done it several times now and it doesn't even make my top 5 attractions and no, I did not find it scary or all that "magical". Just another projection ride for me, although I do recognize the amazing technology involved in the ride itself.

Also a woman of a ceraint age. Well, let me just be honest. I'm 52.

I hate real roller coasters. I can do BTMRR and 7DMT and even EE. But don't ask me to go to the other park, because I will NOT ride their coasters. Oh, and no way no how will I go on Soarin'.

But I have have to say that I really enjoyed FOP

I really enjoyed FOP & had no issues. I've also left my 20s & 30s astern some (many) years ago. I can't ride TOT anymore so understand that not every ride is for every guest. Glad you posted your experience but sorry you didn't have a good ride experience. Maybe for those guests who haven't tried it yet & are on the fence, watching some POV youtube videos may help.

I loved FOP... But I slammed my back hard against the back restraint during the fighting cattle/buffalo/whatever they were. Then I laughed out loud at myself.

I'm nervous about real rollercoasters (I managed 7DTM, BTMR and Mummy at USF recently, but this was pushing the boat out) but like simulators, and loved FoP, which I rode three times. It's worth noting that while there is the simulation of large drops and high speeds, you're not actually going very far (which probably doesn't help if you don't like those sensations, but might help people feeling scared).

I had anticipated riding Soarin' for some years, but didn't do so until after FoP, and I found it relatively boring by comparison.

I have to say that I love thrill rides and that FOP was more thrilling than I expected! It was so exhilarating. Absolutely loved it. A couple members of our party who are not very adventurous in terms of rides also loved it.

Everyone is different! After riding, I can see how some may not enjoy it. For me, it was perfect though!

I'm in the minority on this ride. I have done it several times now and it doesn't even make my top 5 attractions and no, I did not find it scary or all that "magical". Just another projection ride for me, although I do recognize the amazing technology involved in the ride itself.

I'm kind of with you, honestly. I enjoyed it well enough, but after Soarin' and the many, many 3D projection rides at Universal, the only thing that really struck me as innovative about it was the seat itself...and as a tall person with long legs, I was barely able to sit correctly in the restraints and was uncomfortable the entire time. I found the queue more interesting than the ride itself...maybe I would have liked it better if I hadn't read tons of hype about it. I think it's going to be one of those rides I'll do if it's convenient, but it won't be a must-do on future trips. N'avi River Journey, on the other hand, I really enjoyed because they did some really neat things with special effects and animatronics in there.

I’m a 58 year old woman and love FoP! Was at Universal last month and rode EVERYTHING! I hadn’t been there in 20 years and was determined not to chicken out. FoP is definitely not as rough as Forbidden Journey. You feel like you are gliding.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter