• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Flight of Passage "Chicken" exit

vacationer1954

DIS Veteran
Can someone please comment about the Flight of Passage standby queue "experience" should you choose to skip the "ride" itself? Is it worth it? (Some YouTube videos make it seem like the answer is a resounding 'yes'.) How does opting out of the ride itself work? How far along in the queue is the "last chance"?

I suspect part of the answer will be affected by how crowded the standby queue is at the time. For context, the plan is to visit at (before) resort-guest opening time on an resort-guest Early Entry day.

Also, I've implicitly assumed that FastPass effectively skips a lot of the best parts of the standby queue. Is that accurate?

The stand by queue is very well done but I wouldn't stand in line for 2 hours just to see it. There's a spot just before they send you up the ramp to the loading area that I assume could be a "chicken out" spot. There is a CM standing there. My son actually had to skip out due to a needed bathroom break after 2 hours in line and that's where the CM let him out, it takes you outside where the ride exits. And you're right, FP slips all the good stuff.

The queue is very well done just like the rest of Pandora, however I agree with the PP, I won't wait 2 hours to see it ! I didn't ask but it looks like there may be an exit right before you enter the actual attraction.

I always go right to the boarding part of the ride with my family and then leave out the exit door.

Never an issue. I get too motion sick to try this ride.

If we told a CM beforehand that we just wanted to to see the queue and exit would we be able to bring a toddler in? This would be at rope drop so the queue would be moving along and not actually waiting in line...

If we told a CM beforehand that we just wanted to to see the queue and exit would we be able to bring a toddler in? This would be at rope drop so the queue would be moving along and not actually waiting in line...
No. No one is allowed into the queue that doesn't meet the height requirement.

I would not stand in the line just to see the queue but if you choose to do so then you will have the chance to exit the attraction just before you enter the room to board the ride vehicle. This would be after the ride pre-show. The CM asks if anyone would like to exit the ride and then everyone proceeds to the next room.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter