Flight of Passage..a short review.

I don’t usually have any kind of motion sickness but I felt sick on FOP. I agree that it is an amazing ride, but I was glad when it was over.

I don’t get motion sick at all in vehicles, on boats, etc. Soarin is no problem. Love it. However, Star Tours, Harry Potter and the Forbidden Journey - any of those - totally mess me up. No way I can keep my eyes open if I want to be upright after. Now I suspect my family will love FOP and in the spirit of togetherness, I will ride with my eyes closed and smile and nod while they gush about how amazing it was. I can be dangerous if left alone in a gift shop. They know that. I take one for the team.

The vast majority of folks who post here love FOP and and have zero issues with motion sickness on the ride. Obviously this doesn't mean that any certain individual will love FOP or won't suffer from motion problems, but those are relatively small in number.

I don't get motion sickness anywhere when reality of motion matches my perception. I don't get seasick or car sick or anything like that but this ride is a bit of a struggle. It's not AWFUL as I can breathe through it and still enjoy it (my son loves it) but at certain points I am also ready for it to be over. I am going to try a bonine on AK days next time since my motion sickness is not major it will hopefully take the edge off enough to not have it at all.

The only other thing that has made me sick was the old Aladdin attraction at Disney Quest.... where you rode on the flying carpet. BARF. Not a fan of the virtual rollercoasters either. But Star Tours and simulators like that don't bother me at all.

I think it might depend on which seat you are in and which tier/level. I don't know too much about them but I've ridden about 5 times now and I'm sure that sometimes I've felt more effects than others.

We rode FOP on Friday for the first time, with a FP.
All I can say is "WOW"!!!!!!!!!! Loved it!

I'd be willing to wait an hour without a FP, it was that good in my opinion. And normally 20 min is my cut off point for ride lines.

I get motion sick, can t ride Star Tours....or tea cups, flight of passage was fine.

Now adult ds had to opt out. He couldn't get his legs in right. He is 6'4". Heavy....torso was fine...legs just couldn't do it.

Best ride in WDW by a mile...the pre-show is a bit long and somewhat odd.

We rode it yesterday for first time with a FP. It was incredible! Standby was 150 mins. As good as it was, I can’t, for the life of me, understand how people would wait that long for a 4 or 5 minute ride. I get motion sickness and so does my wife. We took non-drowsy Dramamine and some kind of oil that she put behind our ears and we had no issues.

We were there in May and 4 out of 6 of us rode. They loved it. I did not go on, I was afraid since I had back fusion surgery in Nov. and I also have a fused ankle and it does not bend so I was unsure about fitting my leg and ankle on the ride. I am still debating what to do for this November.

Best ride in WDW by a mile...the pre-show is a bit long and somewhat odd.

We love FOP and have ridden it a lot! Only one time stand by so far (1.5 hours).

I think the preshow is long and odd because of the operation of the ride. Unlike Soarin where there are three screens, I think there is only the one at FOP. The preshow is just a staging mechanism to make you feel like you are closer to riding than you are. The one ride aspect is a reason the standby is always so long.

We always commit to wait standby at least once for most new rides and especially rides like FOP. The reason is that Imagineers invested so much in the standby que it terms of decorations, and themeing. If you have not gone stand by at least once try and find a time where it's not at it's worst and do it. You will enjoy the theming.

As far as motion sickness we are lucky that wife and I neither one have issues with it and love all rides. Nothing in Disney is off limits with the exception of Kali cause she does not like to get that wet!

I had Moderate motion sickness in a car when I was young. I have had NO problems on them park rides and nothing in a car for many years.
I was so sick on FOP. It was shocking. From the first dive I simply prayed I would not vomit everywhere. I hated it and will never go again.
Do you know what level you were on? I've ridden all three levels and the bottom level does make me sick. I eat ginger candy for most roller coasters. I can't ride Space Mountain. I get really sick on that one now. As long as I stay on the upper two levels for FOP I have no issues at all with motion sickness. And I am really glad since this ride is just incredible!!!!!

Do you know what level you were on? I've ridden all three levels and the bottom level does make me sick. I eat ginger candy for most roller coasters. I can't ride Space Mountain. I get really sick on that one now. As long as I stay on the upper two levels for FOP I have no issues at all with motion sickness. And I am really glad since this ride is just incredible!!!!!
I don't know what level I was on. But the more I think about it it probably was the bottom level. I use a scooter in the parks and that queue is too long and hilly for me to walk. I think the scooter access is the bottom level, but I am not sure.

I rode it twice on recent trip Oct 2018 once at rope drop and was off by 9.05. That was on a Sunday. Rode it on a quiet Weds waiting 1 hour 10 min and due to themed queue didn’t really notice the wait. Stopping off site so no fastpass plus available.

We were unable to get FP for FOP for our trip the week after Thanksgiving. I’m planning to wait in line to ride. I’ve heard it was amazing!

If you go at certain times, you can wait much less than 1 or 2 hours. Rope drop and right before closing are good times to do that. But also, this ride is very much worth the wait. I (almost) never wait more than 20 minutes for a ride, but I have waited an hour for this ride because I wanted to do it again immediately after riding it with a FP. It's that good of a ride. I've also gotten same-day FPs for this ride on two separate trips, so that's another option.
This ride was awesome. I suggest riding right at closing. We went alittle over a week ago and did this and only waited 35 minutes. Plus that queue is great and we still got to see that.

This ride was awesome. I suggest riding right at closing. We went alittle over a week ago and did this and only waited 35 minutes. Plus that queue is great and we still got to see that.

Thanks for the Suggestion!

There is a fan blowing in your face which helps decrease motion sickness. I am a fan of simulator rides- they are so immersive- so enjoyed this one. Try it at least once if you can- it’s pretty interesting.

I understand your point perfectly. Thanks for replying.

Maybe one day I'll have to give it a try, FP or not. I'm just worried about my motion sickness hearing this can be a little overwhelming for those of us that have it.
I get motion sick - tea cups just level me, I take Dramamine on our cruises, airplanes, even riding in the front seat of a car (forget the back!) and this ride did not bother me a bit. I think the difference is you are moving WITH the scenery, not watching it from a stationary position. It is the most incredible ride!!

We rode it yesterday for first time with a FP. It was incredible! Standby was 150 mins. As good as it was, I can’t, for the life of me, understand how people would wait that long for a 4 or 5 minute ride. I get motion sickness and so does my wife. We took non-drowsy Dramamine and some kind of oil that she put behind our ears and we had no issues.

One brand of this kind of oil is Motion Ease. You can buy it at Walmart near the motion sickness remedies. We used it on our last DCL cruise. Its a very small bottle you can carry in your pocket or bag. Hope it works for someone!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter