Flight of Passage a 1 and done for Me

It made me motion sick, big-time- and I was wearing a scope patch! I lasted for about 5 seconds of the flying, then had to keep my eyes shut and keep telling myself it's not really moving that much. It wasn't the motion, per se; it was the visual that triggered my motion sickness. I was so thankful to have that air blowing in my face- it's really the only thing that kept me from losing it. I wasn't a very happy camper for several hours after, either.

My claustrophobia is being held down. I hate it when I can not move my arms or lets. But surprisingly, The ride did not bother me. I actually hated Mission Space because they put you much too close to the other people. I guess it is hard to say how things are going to affect you.

I can't even do Soarin or Test Track anymore because my claustrophobia is so bad. Having no option but to take the Fake-O-Rail at the airport is even getting to be too much for me. I'm actually nervous about the new rides coming out that seem pretty tame - if they have a restraint I probably won't get to do them. People like to tell claustrophobic people to just, "get on the elevator/ride/in the back seat and close your eyes." But it really can be an all-consuming fear that doesn't let you enjoy so many things in life.
On the plus side, I get to hang out and relax with a drink while my husband takes all the kids on the rides.

While motion sickness is harder to counter, there are types of therapy that have been effective in treating claustrophobia. A few rides here or there on occasional vacations might not be worth it to some, but, if you feel like you're really missing out or it's starting to encroach on your regular life, it's worth thinking about.

I'm also with the crowd that says that fop doesn't make me claustrophobic, although mission space does

Thats why there are so many different types of rides and attractions.
Not everyone can or wants to do every type of ride.
For those with claustrophobia, Mission Space would be a really bad idea on both sides.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter