Flight Changed-Time to leave?

worldtraveler996

Earning My Ears
We are staying in an airbnb 7 minutes from Disneyland from January 7-11 and our flight just got changed from 9:00 am to 10:30 am. We are taking uber to the airport and were wondering what time to leave. We don't want to be stuck in too much traffic because uber will charge for any time in traffic.

What I do know:
-Plan a bigger Uber budget because you will get stuck in traffic at some point if you don't arrive at LAX before 6am. It's LA. And you are looking at traveling during morning rush hour.
-You need to arrive 2 hours before your flight, that's 8:30am arrival to LAX.

Idk when you should leave Anaheim since I avoid LA roads like the plague during those hours but I know others can chime in.

You know what? I'd probably just leave at the time you were planning to leave. Sure, it means more time at the airport but I'd rather do that than stress and hassle with the additional traffic and Uber charges. I'd probably eat a sit down breakfast in the terminal somewhere and do some window (or real) shopping. Or take a pack of cards and play hearts or gin.

Obvs, if you have small children that may not be practical, but mine were always fascinated with watching the planes taxiing and the attendant scurrying of ground personnel when they pulled up to the jetways.

You know what? I'd probably just leave at the time you were planning to leave. Sure, it means more time at the airport but I'd rather do that than stress and hassle with the additional traffic and Uber charges. I'd probably eat a sit down breakfast in the terminal somewhere and do some window (or real) shopping. Or take a pack of cards and play hearts or gin.

Obvs, if you have small children that may not be practical, but mine were always fascinated with watching the planes taxiing and the attendant scurrying of ground personnel when they pulled up to the jetways.

That was what I was thinking. I would rather get there early than be stuck in a car for possibly two hours. We don't have kids but we could probably explore some of the terminals or something like that. I really like the breakfast idea.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter