Flex Pass Superthread: Disneyland Resort Introduces New Annual Passport that Combines Value and Flexibility

For Fri of Veteran’s Day weekend, Friday has reservations for DL available and DCA is a “good-to-go” day. All you need to do is reserve DL for Fri to get into both parks. And DCA is still open that weekend for reservations. I was able to get a reservation for Saturday a few days after the reservation window opened. I think we will see Veteran’s Day weekend open and close for reservations as it gets closer, and the same will go for the holiday weekends in December.
Totally agree that it will be very fluid but that in and of itself is a departure from how it was most of the summer and first part of fall where pretty much everything was wide open all the time.

Just got back from a great trip this past weekend, first time using our Flex pass! Thank you so much for all the advice...went to the ticket booth Friday night after 9pm and there was no line to get our actual plastic passes so we could use them first thing Saturday morning. Ended up getting MaxPass both Saturday and Sunday...best decision ever...it’s going to be tempting to add that on for the rest of the year!

We also decided we want to come back for Christmas season Dec.13-15...I know it’s hard to predict but how hard do you think it’ll be to get reservations 30 days out for both parks? Fingers crossed!!

I think if your online to make the reservation at the 30 day mark you will be fine. It's too bad you didn't add the max pass on right away since your break even point is about 7 visits I believe. Even if the park is empty I love using the max pass just to save steps as the line is always the shortest path to the ride. We went during the very slow time in September and we would get 15 FP a day. We would get some for the exact same time we were standing there. I also love that I can get for either park at anytime. There won't be a visit to Disneyland for me without the MP.

Honestly I wouldn't bother calling. Whatever answer you get is by no means a guarantee and as mentioned above answers often seem to vary from CM to CM (annoyingly). Really the only answer that "matters" is the one you get in the moment at the ticket booth if you go there. Sorry!
You're probably right. It's probably not worth my time. 🙄 I'm sure it will work out!

So for those who were able to buy their flex pass online and then went to the ticket booth to pick up the physical pass --how long did the process take? I'd hope it'd be quicker, but you can never just assume things with Disney. :rolleyes2 Trying to avoid a 30-40 minute transaction if possible.

So for those who were able to buy their flex pass online and then went to the ticket booth to pick up the physical pass --how long did the process take? I'd hope it'd be quicker, but you can never just assume things with Disney. :rolleyes2 Trying to avoid a 30-40 minute transaction if possible.

I had six of them and two of us had passes before (Long time ago) and 4 brand new. The process took 30 mins or more. We had to provide everyone's DOB and name on a seperate piece of paper. One of the people had not come with us and we were able to get their card without them. I would make sure you go late afternoon or Late night. Just remember that the later you go the less workers they have so you still might wait for a bit depending on others parties transactions

I had six of them and two of us had passes before (Long time ago) and 4 brand new. The process took 30 mins or more. We had to provide everyone's DOB and name on a seperate piece of paper. One of the people had not come with us and we were able to get their card without them. I would make sure you go late afternoon or Late night. Just remember that the later you go the less workers they have so you still might wait for a bit depending on others parties transactions
I thought that may be the case. Thanks for the info! At least I can have realistic expectations now.

I thought that may be the case. Thanks for the info! At least I can have realistic expectations now.
I was only trying to upgrade ONE ticket (my own) and I luckily found a window with NO wait (!!!!) and it still probably took at least 15 minutes. The CM didn't seem surprised by what I wanted to do but he was excruciatingly slow about it (much marking and writing on my paper PH ticket... which unfortunately I had wanted to keep because of the SW graphic on it... oh well).

Good luck and keep your patience!

We just went this past weekend and went to the ticket booth Friday night when we arrived (it was after 9 pm) and there was no line and actually got pretty lucky and it only took about 10 min. I noticed during the day on Saturday and Sunday though the ticket booths were slammed! Late at night worked great for us!

We just went this past weekend and went to the ticket booth Friday night when we arrived (it was after 9 pm) and there was no line and actually got pretty lucky and it only took about 10 min. I noticed during the day on Saturday and Sunday though the ticket booths were slammed! Late at night worked great for us!
You were lucky. We were there on a September morning and there was no wait.....except for the printer which refused to cooperate. It took about 30 minutes for 2 APs bought off the Disney website. You just never know what you’re gonna get.

You were lucky. We were there on a September morning and there was no wait.....except for the printer which refused to cooperate. It took about 30 minutes for 2 APs bought off the Disney website. You just never know what you’re gonna get.
Yes, that’s for sure! We had four...just asked for my husband and my driver’s license, he had to re enter because the first time it didn’t change our expiration date to the first day of use (we had bought them back this summer but this was the first time using them). I was worried at first because it wasn’t updating the expiration date in the app, but once we scanned our tickets Saturday morning it updated the date to 365 days out and not date of purchase which was back in July.

So I just noticed one pass disappeared from the app. Payment hadn't gone through. I called and paid i.t. Now my question is, will the reservation days I had reappear? or I'm out of luck???

Hi everybody. So my family bought me a flex pass for my anniversary gift. They boughtit September 16. My first use will be this Thursday. However my pass has an expiration date from the day they bought it. Will it automatically change when I use it or do I have to go to the ticket booth. Thank you

Hi everybody. So my family bought me a flex pass for my anniversary gift. They boughtit September 16. My first use will be this Thursday. However my pass has an expiration date from the day they bought it. Will it automatically change when I use it or do I have to go to the ticket booth. Thank you
You still have to go to the booth to pick up the physical pass. Let them know when your first day you entered the park and they'll adjust it.

How busy do y’all think it will be on November 1? It’s a Green Day for Flex Pass, but I know Dapper Day is Sunday, November 3. When do the crowds start for that? My girls are in private school and we don’t have school that day so I thought about driving up for the day, aiming to arrive at rope drop. But I’m gun shy after our Columbus Day trip. 😂🤪🤦‍♀️
We’ll be there for dapper days

I'd be shocked if they went to all passes requiring reservations. I could see them getting rid of Deluxe and lower and just keeping the Sig and Flex pass. Having a better idea of how many people will be at the parks on any given day is a big deal to Disney.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter