Flamingo crossings

We loved our stay in May at FC. We stayed at the Home2Suites hotel and couldn’t have asked for a better resort. I rented a car and the longest it took me to get to a Disney property was about 15 minutes to Disney Springs and that was because I was unsure of where to park. The small Target has everything you would need if your room is equipped with a refrigerator/microwave. Quiet and far away from the crowds yet close enough where we got to the the MK and Epcot fireworks from the hotel property nightly.

Thank you for taking the time to write this grest review!

Believe it or not I did use Google maps lol. I haven’t been to Orlando in five years but prior we used to go almost every year. I know 192, very familiar with Disney Springs area and I-drive but I guess I don’t know that area. I see where it is but can’t picture it if that makes sense lol
Ah, probably because there was nothing there before! We stayed at Springhill Suites several times. Last trip there it seemed a little worn out, we stayed at Fairfield in May and it was new and nice. I have Marriott points and the stay 4 nights, get the fifth free when using points is great for me.

Does anyone know the status of the restaurant Hash House A Go Go in Flamingo Crossings? I know there are several restaurants in that area that are slated to open soon. It's on our list and crossing our fingers it's opening soon!

Here now at Flamingo Crossings. I REALLY like the area. We are at the Resodence inn, no complaints but after walking down to the FF, Homewood and Home2, I’d have preferred to stay there. I could only get the 2 bedroom here and the room is really big and beautiful. The hotel itself very nice, spotlessly clean! The pool area is nothing special and that’s where the hotel complex down the street wins hands down. Better pools and just a much nicer feel. Lots of beautiful seating areas and just a better vacation feel. If I were to return I would highly recommend the Homewood/home2, though all four hotels are really nice. There are a few stores open and to me it doesn’t feel isolated or desolate in any way. We checked in late yesterday and went to Texas Roadhouse for dinner which felt like no longer than 3-4 min amd no traffic. I would definitely stay here again. If anyone has any questions I’d be happy to answer.

We have stayed at multiple hotels in this area, but our stays were short. We tend to do split stays to keep costs down, so we have stayed at Homewood Suites, Springhill and Towneplace Suites. They are all fairly new, but the Springhill and Townplace are the oldest. My Springhill stay was pre-pandemic, but the staff at both were great. We only had a short stay, and didn't ask for much, but we felt strongly that the staff was great at both. Breakfast was good at both. I think the Towneplace had Mickey waffles. Since Springhill was in the before times, I don't know how much has changed. One small downside is that the pool is kinda boring.

The Homewood Suites has a water slide, which is a nice plus. Mind, I would not say it is as exciting as some other hotel water slides, but it is more fun than no water slide. The pool isn't huge, but it was fine. It started to storm a little while after we arrived, so we didn't get to stay all that long, but we liked that the pool deck was super clean.

The rooms at Homewood Suites are really nice, and I imagine the Residence Inn is also nice. We have stayed at the Res Inn (also pretty new) that is over by Universal, and that one is very nice. In my opinion, the room features are just about perfect there. though really, they are all great options. the full fridge with freezer is great, and we don't cook, we just sometimes eat carry-out food in the room, chill water, fruit, chocolate, and a few snacks. Another plus of Homewood was they have a parking a garage, so our car was in the shade. I think the others have regular parking lots, but I'm not 100% certain of that.

The other plus of the area is the brand new Target and Walgreen's. Most of the other dining is not that exciting. One exception is when the Lime opens. We really like the food there! It is just inexpensive Mexican food, and a chain, but I think it is only in Florida. (or was only in FL? Perhaps expanding beyond FL now.) We didn't go in the Walgreens, but we placed an order at Target. It is a smaller Target geared towards travelers. The prices there are slightly higher than other Targets, but super clean, great selection of soft-drinks! Picking up our order was a breeze.

It is a little bit of a drive to the parks form there, but there isn't a ton of traffic - yet- so it is pretty easy to get to the parks from there.

Otherwise, it isn't super exciting. Just looks like any other strip-mall-chain-hotel combo area.

Thanks all for posting this. We have a quick trip next month that was unplanned, last minute, and no DVC points left, so I just booked the Homewood Suites with some Hilton points.

Thanks all for posting this. We have a quick trip next month that was unplanned, last minute, and no DVC points left, so I just booked the Homewood Suites with some Hilton points.
Just to follow up, enjoyed our stay at the Homewood Suites, great breakfast, water slide a hit for the 9yo, no issue with Lyft from there, easy hop to Disney Springs and surrounding area, hotel new and clean, easy pickup from Target, great tip thanks all!

Thanks for all the reviews and information. Do any of these hotels get benefits like the Bonnet Creek, Swoplhin, Disney Springs hotels do? I know they say they have a "Disney Planning Center" on property, but does that mean no early entry, no 7am Genie bookings, etc?

Thanks for all the reviews and information. Do any of these hotels get benefits like the Bonnet Creek, Swoplhin, Disney Springs hotels do? I know they say they have a "Disney Planning Center" on property, but does that mean no early entry, no 7am Genie bookings, etc?
No, no benefits regarding early entry or evening EMH. You can book Genie+ at 7am as well as Individual Lightning Lanes. You do not have to be staying on Disney property to do that.

No early entry, I think we could get Genie at 7am, I think that’s for anyone with tickets maybe?

I booked a stay at the Residence Inn at FC for 3/20-3/22. Our first time staying at FC!

This hotel was the only one where I could find a 1 BR suite, didn't see that room type at any of the others, but could just be availability issue. I'm a Bonvoy member so if this works out, we could really start racking up points!

$10 parking fee is a bummer but better than the fees you'd pay at a Bonnet Creek hotel for example. Overall the cost savings are huge. I've been a lifetime need-to-be-onsite gal, but Disney finally priced me out. Until our son is old enough to stay up late with us, we're going to make the best of it here! I'm excited, FC seems like a nice area with some quick morning coffee options :)

Has anyone stayed at the Residence Inn lately?

I booked a stay at the Residence Inn at FC for 3/20-3/22. Our first time staying at FC!

Has anyone stayed at the Residence Inn lately?
Yes. It was fine, but I have to add I LOVE the Residence Inn over by Universal. I thought this one, being newer, would be just as good, but the US one is better. The Universal area RI just has a number of room details that are just perfect.

This one the beds were comfortable, and the layout was fine. We actually did two short stays. The first stay we had a wheelchair accessible room. Those are what they are. The room decor is just so-so, IMO.

One thing we really like at Flamingo Crossing Plaza is the ability to do a pick-up order at Target. If you place it the day before, it was ready right when they open, so super quick. The Target is small, and the prices are a little higher than other Targets, but it is very new and clean. They have a large selection of soft drink/juice options that WDW doesn't carry. Getting to WDW takes a few minutes, but there is little traffic - for now.

One reason the parking fee is silly is because there is a ton of parking lot space adjacent to the hotel. We were not charged for parking luckily, but one night we got back late and the hotel's parking lot was full, so we had no choice but to park 'offsite.'

ANOTHER important thing to know is that the door between the lobby and the pool locks. If you do not have a room key you will get TRAPPED out there. You can't enter the pool or back into the building, and there's no exit, or at least that was the case a few weeks ago.

Breakfast was so-so. Prior to the pandemic we really enjoyed the breakfast at the other Marriott properties in that area: the Springhill and the Towne Place suites. Our favorite in that area though was the Homewood Suites, and that stay was more recent. The pool there has a water slide.

We are also looking forward to Lime when it opens. We previously ate at one in another location and really enjoyed it. Otherwise, we didn't really try the dining in the plaza. Well except we ordered from nearby Miller's Ale House. We have gotten food 3 times from Millers: twice from the 192/Kissimmee one, and once (accidentally) from the one that is near Disney Springs on Vineland Road. The Vineland Rd one was good. The 192 one messed up our order both times, and the food was not as good. The most recent visit, they forgot one of our meals. They refunded it, but we didn't feel like driving back. Instead, we shared what we had and did a drive through order from the Flamingo Crossing Wendy's. It was standard Wendy's food.

Last edited:
This is great information, thank you!

We typically go back to the room midday for a break so we may try the pool this time. I'll remember my key! :D

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter