Flair airline out of Ottawa to Orlando Sbf

Greenfield1984

DIS Veteran
Anyone have experience with flair or, even better, flairs direct flight from ottawa? Also how is the smaller airport. I know ita further but for a cheaper flight may be worth it.

I'm wondering about Flair as well. Since Toronto is limiting flights WestJet has dropped all but one flight a day from Halifax and it is in the evening which isn't very convenient. Flair has great times and is cheaper (although you pay for carryon!). I don't know anyone with experience flying them though...

I was supposed to have experience flying with Flair but our flight was cancelled this morning while we were waiting to board! This was at the Kitchener-Waterloo airport. From the minute I booked the flight with them I had a bad feeling about it. Now we are driving to Detroit as I was able to get a flight with Delta. Should’ve just booked with a major American airline in the first place! We’ll miss a day at Epcot but hopefully it will be smooth sailing after this.

Flair just had some planes seized due to lack of payment on the lease. Including the one in Waterloo.

I’m booked to fly Flair in May and I’m nervous. But we have trip interruption insurance. So that will cover us if we get cancelled last minute and have to rebook with someone else at a higher price. I advise anyone travelling have trip interruption insurance.

I doubt I will take the chance flying them again. And I don’t ever recommend them to my clients. In fact I won’t book my clients on flair.

Good to know. I will look for other options

Flair just had some planes seized due to lack of payment on the lease. Including the one in Waterloo.

I’m booked to fly Flair in May and I’m nervous. But we have trip interruption insurance. So that will cover us if we get cancelled last minute and have to rebook with someone else at a higher price. I advise anyone travelling have trip interruption insurance.

I doubt I will take the chance flying them again. And I don’t ever recommend them to my clients. In fact I won’t book my clients on flair.
Yep, now I know why I saw a guy taping a piece of paper to the outside of the airplane! Must have been the notice of repossession!

Does trip interruption cover if the original flight is cancelled or do you have to start the trip 1st ?

I'm wondering about Flair as well. Since Toronto is limiting flights WestJet has dropped all but one flight a day from Halifax and it is in the evening which isn't very convenient. Flair has great times and is cheaper (although you pay for carryon!). I don't know anyone with experience flying them though...

Westjet has pulled out of Eastern Canada for the most part as a business decision. They cannot compete with Air Canada and Porter anywhere east of Thunder Bay. Nothing to do with Pearson. They have redirected a lot of aircraft to Calgary. Soon-ish Calgary will become the sole hub and the only place to make connecting Westjet flights.

Does trip interruption cover if the original flight is cancelled or do you have to start the trip 1st ?
You would have to read the policy. But often coverage starts when your trip “starts”, including your initial flight.

I went and checked Waterloo region airport and EVERY flair flight is delayed. And when I Say delayed I mean by 6-12 hours. Not looking good. I have a bad feeling this airline is gonna be gone soon.

So looks like flair is a bad idea. However i am seeing many issues with delays, cancelations, and changed flights with the major airlines as well. Flying seems like such a hastle these days.

We had booked on Swoop out of London on April 27th for our April 29th Fantasy cruise from Canaveral. Last week Swoop cancelled our flight and all the other April flights out of London as an operational move. So I booked on Flair Air out of Waterloo for the same day. Doing anything to avoid Toronto. After reading about their planes being seized, I started to worry, even though the CEO said everything was fine. Although I have not received notification, I went to my booking on the website and it says my flight on April 27 is canceled. Lightning does strike twice.

We had booked on Swoop out of London on April 27th for our April 29th Fantasy cruise from Canaveral. Last week Swoop cancelled our flight and all the other April flights out of London as an operational move. So I booked on Flair Air out of Waterloo for the same day. Doing anything to avoid Toronto. After reading about their planes being seized, I started to worry, even though the CEO said everything was fine. Although I have not received notification, I went to my booking on the website and it says my flight on April 27 is canceled. Lightning does strike twice.
See now I trust them even less. They keep saying “everything is back to normal”. I’ve been checking departures and arrivals out of Waterloo and almost all of them are getting cancelled or being delayed by hours.

Flair has now cancelled our May 6 return flight. No warning. No notification. I checked my reservation every couple days. They have scrapped the Orlando/Waterloo two months early. So much for business as usual.

The problem now is I’m having a hard time finding any flights to return from our cruise that weekend.

Just wanted to post an update to my Flair travel saga of the plane being repossessed just before our flight at March Break. The cost of our flight out of Detroit with Delta that we ended up taking that night after the Flair flight was cancelled has been reimbursed as promised and the money has been deposited into our bank account. Phew!

I would stay away from Flair, I was previously booked with them for a non-Disney trip last year and decided to rebook with Swoop as they changed our flights almost immediately after booking. As for Sanford they have made it difficult for Canadian flights arriving late in the day as Customs and Border Protection has closed its office at 5pm which doesn't give passengers enough time to clear customs. Also if you are going to Disney only not renting a vehicle, Sanford is about an hour from Disney property.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter