• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

flagship at half mast?

THE COLONEL

Earning My Ears
Am going in February and booked at Amerihost which according to the brochure I had and confirmed by local agent was a Flagship hotel. After booking I was a little worried to hear of this hotels frequent name changes but was encouraged by postings on this site and the fact that it remained a flagship hotel. I just looked on the Virgin web site and discovered that it is no longer flagship hotel but retains 3 "star" rating. Niggling doubts now returning. Is this usual for Virgin or is something deeper involved. Should I be worried and do I have any recourse as I booked on the understanding it was a flagship hotel?

This is one of several hotels that have lost their flagship status in the new brochure. At Easter I stayed next to this hotel at the Renaissance Worldgate. We went in to have a look around. I did note the Virgin room there which presumably will go. The hotel itself looked fairly nice. My DS was impressed with the indoor pool and hot tub. They also had a games room. They've got a bar and a shop in the lobby and a nice food court by the indoor pool. My DS was also impressed with the kids check-in desk. The shuttle service also looked good. I can't vouch for the rooms but all in all it was quite a nice hotel with good facilities. I wouldn't imagine any of this will change just because it's lost flagship status.
Tracy

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter