Flag Raisings

HouseHoldSix

Earning My Ears
Do any of the Disney Parks or Resorts do any thing special when they raise or lower the American flag? Thanks,

In August 2001, I signed us up as the flag raising family. We signed up at check-in, but with Guest Services. We got the next open morning which was about four days out. The "Park Ranger" took us to the roof where we raised the US, Florida, DW and one other, flags. We said the pledge of allegiance and the ranger took our phoots (with my camera). We received a very nice certificate from the WL as a memento. The most adventursome part of the event was the last flight of stairs, which climbs along the wall of the lobby atrium at the WL.

Overall, a very nice way to start a day at the WL!

MK has a flag lowering ceremony each day I believe. When we were there in Dec. it was published in the guide book, and they did it at 5:00 each afternoon. The National Anthem is played as the flag is lowered and white doves are released when the Anthem ends. I caught this in March also and they had the band playing the Anthem ranther than a recording over the loudspeakers. They select a veteran to help them and he/she gets to carry the flag after it's taken down and folded. I want to know how you get picked and does the picked person get to keep the flag?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter