FL resident needs 5 days of tickets

Ariel620

DIS Veteran
I see that the maximum number of days ticket for a FL resident is 4 day tickets. If I need 5 days....Can I buy the 4 day tickets then upgrade the extra day for a nominal fee ($20) or would it be like starting from scratch with a new one day tickets (more like $115). I realize I won’t have pre-booked fastpasses availability on that 5th day.

You must be talking about a special ticket because FL residents can purchase a 10 day ticket just like anyone else can.

You must be talking about a special ticket because FL residents can purchase a 10 day ticket just like anyone else can.

I'm guessing the OP is referencing the discounted Florida Resident Disney Select tickets.

I see that the maximum number of days ticket for a FL resident is 4 day tickets. If I need 5 days....Can I buy the 4 day tickets then upgrade the extra day for a nominal fee ($20) or would it be like starting from scratch with a new one day tickets (more like $115). I realize I won’t have pre-booked fastpasses availability on that 5th day.

Assuming my above guess is correct and you are referencing the discounted Florida Resident Disney Select tickets, no, you wouldn't be able to add a 5th day at the discount. Those tickets come in 3 days and 4 days. A 5-day ticket would be at the tourist price.

Your options at current prices, AKA before October 16:
- a FL 4-day ticket ($243.89) + An additional 1-day ticket ($121.41 for a regular season, no-MK day) = $364.80, adjust as necessary if the ticket would be used at MK or on a Peak or Value season day
- a tourist-priced 5-day ticket, must be used up within 14 days of the first use = $420.68
- two FL 3-day tickets = $445.18, gives you an additional day to use within the ticket's 6 months expiration period
- a Florida Resident Silver Pass (if the blockout dates are acceptable for your use) = $467.54 with the ability to pay $28 and change monthly, includes parking for the whole year

Please note that I've used base tickets for these price comparisons (no Park Hopper).

We were in a similar boat recently. Wanting to visit for about 5-6 days this year. We ended up actually getting the Fl Resident Weekday Select ticket which was about $300 pp.

We were in a similar boat recently. Wanting to visit for about 5-6 days this year. We ended up actually getting the Fl Resident Weekday Select ticket which was about $300 pp.

The Weekday Select pass is a great AP if it works for your usage patterns! Weekends are too busy anyway. :scared:

I didn't use it in my comparisons because OP didn't mention when they were going, but it's definitely the most affordable option here if it would work for them.

The Weekday Select pass is a great AP if it works for your usage patterns! Weekends are too busy anyway. :scared:

I didn't use it in my comparisons because OP didn't mention when they were going, but it's definitely the most affordable option here if it would work for them.

Yes! We dont want to go during summer anyways, and even weekends are busy. We are going to do a very casual trip at Thanksgiving (surprised it wasn't blacked out) and do the Epcot Processional. Then a week for Florida Spring break. Plus a few other random days here and there we can fit in and it was really worth it. I really hope the new pricing doesn't do away with it!

Yes! We dont want to go during summer anyways, and even weekends are busy. We are going to do a very casual trip at Thanksgiving (surprised it wasn't blacked out) and do the Epcot Processional. Then a week for Florida Spring break. Plus a few other random days here and there we can fit in and it was really worth it. I really hope the new pricing doesn't do away with it!

There is typically a really good deal in the spring that expires just before the summer. This year they called it the Disney Discover and a 4 day was $179. Maybe purchase a regular 1 day for Thanksgiving then wait until January to purchase the other deal?

Actually, no we can't. Those discounted tickets only come in at 3 and 4 days. Even before the new ticket change, that's all I remember seeing. Unless my focus was strictly on those because I need no more than 4 days, someone could prove me wrong. :blush:

Actually, no we can't. Those discounted tickets only come in at 3 and 4 days. Even before the new ticket change, that's all I remember seeing. Unless my focus was strictly on those because I need no more than 4 days, someone could prove me wrong. :blush:
Oh, well, that is the special ticket.
You can buy a 10 day ticket just like anyone else can but it's not super discounted.

Oh, well, that is the special ticket.
You can buy a 10 day ticket just like anyone else can but it's not super discounted.

Understood. I don't think it's discounted at all actually, but again I've never purchased one to truly know. But I guess that's when an AP comes in handy.

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter