Fl resident annual pass skip the counter

Rxdr2013

Mouseketeer
I'm looking at annual passes for my trip coming up in September. Now there is an option to enter your ID to verify FL resident thru Id.me. It says skip the counter and get ticket via email, so does anyone know if this really means now you don't have to go activate the pass at guest relations. I'm not really worried about getting the physical card since I can pull it up on mde if I need to show for a discount etc.

We arrive late and was planning on going to Disney springs to activate it since we plan on being at hs for rope drop at 6am the next morning. But would love to skip that step!

I'm looking at annual passes for my trip coming up in September. Now there is an option to enter your ID to verify FL resident thru Id.me. It says skip the counter and get ticket via email, so does anyone know if this really means now you don't have to go activate the pass at guest relations. I'm not really worried about getting the physical card since I can pull it up on mde if I need to show for a discount etc.

We arrive late and was planning on going to Disney springs to activate it since we plan on being at hs for rope drop at 6am the next morning. But would love to skip that step!
oh this would be amazing! to add on to your post, i wonder if this will work for florida residents buying APs for grandchildren. and then they wouldn't have to be with the grandchildren on the first day in the parks.

I guess in theory that's what it means? That must be a pretty new thing, so we might have to wait and see until someone actually tries it out.

I'm hoping so. I might even be able to squeeze in an hour at mk extra magic hours at night if I'm not waiting in line to activate pass!

This would be awesome. We bought a gold pass 2 or 3 weeks ago and this was not an option so it is very new if so!

I'm going next Friday and this would be amazing! Our passes lapsed in January and we just got them again this month and they still need to be activated.

okay so I answered my question going straight to the gate: I guess you would have had to already enter your id in the system online and verified and it would have been an option when purchased.
Price & Pick-Up Information for Florida Residents
Item(s) are priced for Florida residents only. For Florida Resident pass or ticket purchases where the purchaser has verified Florida residency online, simply go to the park entrance and use your MagicBand or card linked to your account to enter. If you don’t have a MagicBand or card linked to your account, go to the park entrance and show your confirmation number or email, a valid government-issued photo ID and the original payment card used for the purchase to receive your passes or tickets. If Florida residency wasn’t verified online, all adults will need to show the same items at a theme park or water park ticket window, or at any Guest Relations location, as well as proof of Florida residency prior to first use; pass certificates can be exchanged for valid passes at the same locations. If renewing a pass, please continue to use your existing MagicBand or card. For room reservations, proof of Florida residency is required at Disney Resort hotel check-in.

okay so I answered my question going straight to the gate: I guess you would have had to already enter your id in the system online and verified and it would have been an option when purchased.
Price & Pick-Up Information for Florida Residents
Item(s) are priced for Florida residents only. For Florida Resident pass or ticket purchases where the purchaser has verified Florida residency online, simply go to the park entrance and use your MagicBand or card linked to your account to enter. If you don’t have a MagicBand or card linked to your account, go to the park entrance and show your confirmation number or email, a valid government-issued photo ID and the original payment card used for the purchase to receive your passes or tickets. If Florida residency wasn’t verified online, all adults will need to show the same items at a theme park or water park ticket window, or at any Guest Relations location, as well as proof of Florida residency prior to first use; pass certificates can be exchanged for valid passes at the same locations. If renewing a pass, please continue to use your existing MagicBand or card. For room reservations, proof of Florida residency is required at Disney Resort hotel check-in.
Very interested to hear specific reports back. In our case, extremely interested in Florida resident grandparents buying the APs for grandchildren and the grandchildren being able to go straight to the gate and not have the grandparent with them. I'm off of work tomorrow and might try calling to see if I can get some answers.

We did the online verification with ticket (not AP) purchase yesterday. Look forward to first-hand reports of whether we can really skip Guest Relations entirely. An extra 20 minutes of park time!

We did the online verification with ticket (not AP) purchase yesterday. Look forward to first-hand reports of whether we can really skip Guest Relations entirely. An extra 20 minutes of park time!
Did you have your trip yet I'm excited to hear how the online process works or if there were glitches that resulted you at guest services... we ended up at guest services for over 45 min one year getting an issue resolved so I am looking into the online system to expedite not wasting time

Glad this post re-surfaced. I did speak to two different CMs to ask if this would work (going right to the turnstiles). One was through DSS if that makes any difference. Both did say yes - go straight to the turnstiles and no need to stop at GR. For my case, since it's my dad who is the Florida resident, buying tickets for the kids, and won't be with us, they said I would have to go to GR and show the "linked" accounts on MDE.

So does Disney know the grandkids don’t live in FL? Or is this a don’t ask/don’t tell situation? (No judgement here, just curious - my kids don’t have any FL resident grandparents.)

So does Disney know the grandkids don’t live in FL? Or is this a don’t ask/don’t tell situation? (No judgement here, just curious - my kids don’t have any FL resident grandparents.)
this process is allowed by disney. but in the past, the florida resident had to show up at the gates and present ID. now with the online verification, the resident doesn't have to show up at the gates. my dad cannot join us on this trip which is why i'm so curious this time around.

Can anyone suggest the best ticket for a married 52 year old who will be living alone for next year in FLA? Will be starting new job in W. Palm end of Sept. DVC member. Is the gold Florida the best option?

Thanks

Does anyone know if there is a way to check to see if I did the ID pre-verification? I bought our Annual Passes awhile ago so that I could get our Fastpasses before our trip. I couldn't remember for the life of me if I entered my ID in or not.

Any update on how this went?

Very interested to hear specific reports back. In our case, extremely interested in Florida resident grandparents buying the APs for grandchildren and the grandchildren being able to go straight to the gate and not have the grandparent with them. I'm off of work tomorrow and might try calling to see if I can get some answers.
I would love to hear as well. Sounds like we are in the same boat. My MIL said she would drive for our first day - but she wasn’t planning on joining us until later in our trip. Would love if this was on option!

I would love to hear as well. Sounds like we are in the same boat. My MIL said she would drive for our first day - but she wasn’t planning on joining us until later in our trip. Would love if this was on option!
I never wound up trying but two Disney CMs said it would work fine.

We did not have any issues back in september. We just tapped our bands and went in. I still have not stopped by the guest relations to get my physical card, but I really haven't needed it. I just show my pass in MDE and get the discounts.

Can anyone suggest the best ticket for a married 52 year old who will be living alone for next year in FLA? Will be starting new job in W. Palm end of Sept. DVC member. Is the gold Florida the best option?

Thanks

I bought the Silver pass. It works for me. The black out dates are 10-12 days over Christmas, about 10-12 days at Spring Break, all of June and July and 10 days in August.

I wouldn’t dream of going to WDW during those dates anyway, and it was around $550 with tax.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter