Fixing a glitch in MDE: How to get friends and family avatars to show when making FPs on phone?

vinotinto

Just Keep Swimming
I’ve had a glitch in my phone’s MDE app for a long time. We have avatars selected for each friend and family. It would help in selecting the right people quickly when making FPs (and potentially joining a BG) if I can get their avatars to show, but I cannot get their character avatars to show when selecting guests for FP and BGs. They are just blue Mickey heads.

When I go to friends and fam on MDE app, their avatars show there. And everything shows fine on the desktop. But when selecting them for FPs on the app, it’s all blue Mickey heads. Anyone have this (minor) issue and was able to fix it on their own?

Last edited:
Really? Everyone has this problem on the app? Where is @Robo with his “Glitch City: Population Everyone.”

Curious, why do you care? I mean, it works just fine
But, for the record, they are there sometimes, not others. Both on MDE and on the app. As long as the people are there I've never cared enough to think that it was something to worry with. LOL

Curious, why do you care? I mean, it works just fine
But, for the record, they are there sometimes, not others. Both on MDE and on the app. As long as the people are there I've never cared enough to think that it was something to worry with. LOL

I’m not the OP, but the reason I care about this is that my boyfriend and his father’s name are the same, except his father is the 2nd and he is the 3rd. I used to use the avatars to differentiate between them, and it is totally confusing now that I can’t.

Another good reason it’s important is if you are a visual person and it makes it easy to choose the right party quickly.

I’m not the OP, but the reason I care about this is that my boyfriend and his father’s name are the same, except his father is the 2nd and he is the 3rd. I used to use the avatars to differentiate between them, and it is totally confusing now that I can’t.

Another good reason it’s important is if you are a visual person and it makes it easy to choose the right party quickly.
If you manage either of their profiles you can alter one of their first names in MDE to differentiate.

That makes sense though I'm with PP, I'd change the name of each just enough to make it obvious who's who.

So piggy backing on this...My husband shows twice in MDE - once with his Avatar and the other as a blue mickey....when I look at our plans it shows the avatar besides him as being part of the package, etc. But if I try to delete the blue mickey it says I cannot because that person has plans attached. Any thoughts on that? I figured I would be able to see the avatar when I made fp+ (thought I could on prior trips) so I wasn't really worried about it until I seen this post.

So piggy backing on this...My husband shows twice in MDE - once with his Avatar and the other as a blue mickey....when I look at our plans it shows the avatar besides him as being part of the package, etc. But if I try to delete the blue mickey it says I cannot because that person has plans attached. Any thoughts on that? I figured I would be able to see the avatar when I made fp+ (thought I could on prior trips) so I wasn't really worried about it until I seen this post.

More than likely an incomplete version got created along the way, happened to my inlaws when they tried creating their accounts...it never went through and there ended up being like 3 versions of both of them.

I had the same problem. I called Disney IT support and they got rid of the ”extra” accounts that just showed blue Mickey heads not avatars. It drove me crazy seeing those “extras”!!!!🤣

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter