Fitness Center on Magic

DahliaRW

DIS Veteran
A couple of quick questions about the gym on the Magic.

1. Free weights - do they have any?
2. Do they offer any HIIT classes?
3. Is there a scale anywhere in there? (I know it's vacation, but I want to make sure I don't gain much after the work I put in losing weight. This will help me be much happier coming home).

We haven’t been on the Magic in 3 years but -

1. Free weights - do they have any? Yes, dumbbells at minimum
2. Do they offer any HIIT classes? Don’t think they have any specific, the cycling/spinning will probably be as close as you can get.
3. Is there a scale anywhere in there? Yes, scale in the gym. On a side note they did have scales in the concierge rooms that we have previously sailed. If you are not sailing concierge you can ask guest services if you can have one provided to your room. They may not be able to but never hurts to ask.

Last edited:
Note of caution I did not find the scale anywhere close to the doctor's scale at home. You may want to use their scale at the beginning just to get a baseline. However, don't worry if it is off from your usual number. I really relaxed on my 7 night but I kept my exercise up by taking the stairs and getting a minimum of 3 miles a day in. I didn't gain or lose for which I was very glad.

Note of caution I did not find the scale anywhere close to the doctor's scale at home. You may want to use their scale at the beginning just to get a baseline. However, don't worry if it is off from your usual number. I really relaxed on my 7 night but I kept my exercise up by taking the stairs and getting a minimum of 3 miles a day in. I didn't gain or lose for which I was very glad.

Thanks. I figured I'd have to compare to a beginning weight on that scale. I plan to do a lot of walking as well!

They also offer a series of boot camp classes. They have a fee for those classes, which is about $30 IIRC. The spinning class is free. They also have free yoga and pilates. Just go to the gym the first day and you can get the schedule for all classes offered during the cruise.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

Latest posts

facebook twitter