Fitness @ Aulani

Inga

DIS Veteran
Hi

Curious about the fitness programs provided at Aulani. I am curious what the classes/programs have been like (both included and extra pay classes). I have visions of early morning yoga on the beach but want to temper my expectations ;)

Inga

We did the yoga, "boot camp" and walking/jogging classes. They were all great, right on the beach. If I remember correctly there was no additional charge.

We did the yoga, "boot camp" and walking/jogging classes. They were all great, right on the beach. If I remember correctly there was no additional charge.

You are correct on that! Also, their workout room is beautiful. It's not huge like your gym at home is, but it's plenty big and very well equipped.

In addition to all this, there is a paved path that runs from Aulani (actually it starts at the Marriott next door) and goes down to the marina. I would walk this in the morning, but there were also lots of joggers sharing the space as well.

They have great facilities and programming. There was early morning yoga on the beach everyday I ran by.

It was good for those who want to do those things.

I did the yoga and it was a pretty good class. It was really neat to do it right there by the ocean and in the quiet of the early morning.

I also did the total conditioning class (I think that's what it was called) and that one was more intense and a pretty good workout.

Overall I thought the classes they offered were pretty good.

So all you would need to bring for yoga is yourself? Did you have to sign up ahead of time? I assume they have mats, towels?

As for the boot camp, just workout gear and sneakers? I have a picture in my mind of a barefoot workout on the beach but it might be a different thing....

I did the yoga and it was a pretty good class. It was really neat to do it right there by the ocean and in the quiet of the early morning. I also did the total conditioning class (I think that's what it was called) and that one was more intense and a pretty good workout. Overall I thought the classes they offered were pretty good.

All of them beachside?

Everything was supplied. You had to sign up for the classes which was easy to do. The yoga was barefoot but you needed sneakers for the conditioning and walking/jogging classes. The gym is also good. Kind of smallish but more than adequate.

How long is the running/jogging path?

I just googled the Ko Olina Sea Walk length and found this:

http://gohawaii.about.com/od/ko-olina/p/ko-olina-resort-and-marina.htm said:
The Ko Olina Resort includes four large man-made lagoons along a 1.5 mile stretch of shoreline which includes a beachwalk which stretches the length of the resort and which makes for a perfect morning walk or jog.

There is also a really good interactive map of the Ko Olina lagoons here:
http://www.koolina.com/explore/interactive-map

YAY!!!:thumbsup2:thumbsup2:beach:

CANNOT WAIT to try the fitness/yoga class and do some serious power walking at AULANI NEXT MONTH!!!

April 1st, Wow! Weather is on the "upswing" finally in the east and we are going to Aulani next month! :cheer2:

FEEL BLESSED to be going with my husband and two adult sons!:littleangel::littleangel:

I also highly recommend the wet and wild workout. It's not your grandma's aqua aerobics! In the ocean great resistance workout

A

Can anyone tell me what time the classes are? I am interested in yoga and boot camp. I will only be there one day so I have to pick only one :(

If I remember correctly, there were 3 classes offered, 1 regular yoga, 1 other yoga, I believe some type of Oceanside yoga(I think that there was a fee involved with that one) and 1 boot camp.
I believe that all started early either 7:00AM or 8:00AM...
Have fun!:thumbsup2 Enjoy!:goodvibes

If I remember correctly, there were 3 classes offered, 1 regular yoga, 1 other yoga, I believe some type of Oceanside yoga(I think that there was a fee involved with that one) and 1 boot camp.
I believe that all started early either 7:00AM or 8:00AM...
Have fun!:thumbsup2 Enjoy!:goodvibes

Thanks!! I would only do it if it were on the beach so I guess I will just check it out when I get there. 7 am would work!

I am a jersey gal too :) I am scared of the jet lag after being there 2 weeks!

Coming home we had a few days of dragging "a little"...

Arrived in Newark Wednesday at Noon...Nice having this weekend to continue to adjust!

Feel good this morning!:thumbsup2

Did you say you were going for 2 weeks? Wow!:dance3:
What airline are you flying and are you going nonstop?

We had 7 nights, 8 long days there, so we chose to fly nonstop...Flew United..
Next time I will check out Hawaiian Air...After talking to some people that I met at Aulani, they recommended Hawaiian Air from JFK? We'll see...Hoping to return for our 40th Anniversary in 9 years...

Enjoy your vaca!::woohoo:

Coming home we had a few days of dragging "a little"...

Arrived in Newark Wednesday at Noon...Nice having this weekend to continue to adjust!

Feel good this morning!:thumbsup2

Did you say you were going for 2 weeks? Wow!:dance3:
What airline are you flying and are you going nonstop?

We had 7 nights, 8 long days there, so we chose to fly nonstop...Flew United..
Next time I will check out Hawaiian Air...After talking to some people that I met at Aulani, they recommended Hawaiian Air from JFK? We'll see...Hoping to return for our 40th Anniversary in 9 years...

Enjoy your vaca!::woohoo:

We will be in Kauai for 2 weeks at my brothers house. Then the last night at aulani, so I am going to try to do everything possible at the resort and not leave. This might be our only shot :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter