Fishing?

always quiet

Sometimes you're the dog, sometimes you're the hyd
I thought I remember reading before our last trip to FW in 2002 that you could fish from the shores of Bay Lake as long as you were well past the beach chairs and the marina area (I'm thinking to the right of the marina....farthest away from WL). I was reading in the new edition of Birnbaum's that you are no longer allowed to fish anywhere at Bay Lake unless you are participating in the fishing excursion cruise. :confused3 Anyone know for sure? Also, in the same book, it says you can taking fishing gear in the canoes to fish from the canals. Are there fish in the canals? I know there is a fishing spot by Meadows but I think DH would prefer to fish someplace quiet (you'll find me someplace a little busier...oh, say, like Space Mountain!! :banana: )

Thanks for any input!! :flower:

It's true that they don't let you fish "out in the open" on Bay Lake, but there are other spots to fish. We found my Dad a great spot about 10 years ago that he always goes to. It is back behind the 300 loop ...... sssshhhhh, don't tell anybody else. His favorite story about fishing over there is that during one of our vacations, he went to his fishing hole the first day and there was a little family of ducks (Mama and 5 babies) that lived there. There was also a gator on the other side of the banks about 4-5 feet long. Every day that he went over there fishing there was one less baby duck, but always the gator sitting there. Needless to say, it didn't take him long to figure out where the babies were going.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter