Fishing,accelerating modifying and MEP

You fish to get an MEP and that generally lets you use an LL before it's window. We did it last Nov, had an LL for tsmm but it didn't open on time which gave us the MEP. It allowed us to use the next LL we booked as soon as we booked it because it takes the LL when you tap in. As long as it takes the LL and not the MEP you can roll through LL all day even hopping, as long as the MEP is good for the ride you are using the LL on.

We finished out by using our MEP on JC since you can use it there even though it doesnt have LL. Made for a fun day when we hadn't planned to fish with our first one. I will try to in aug but I'm solo so easier to do and not feel like I'm wasting anything.
Thanks for this explanation! One question - what do you use to scan when you enter the ride? The MEP or the LL booked later?

Thanks for this explanation! One question - what do you use to scan when you enter the ride? The MEP or the LL booked later?

The LL otherwise it'll use your MEP. We were using magicbands so didn't use the barcodes. I tried to fish the first weekend of aug but wasn't successful. Was solo and did all I wanted and then some without it though.

And the LL will still allow you in even though it’s booked for “later”? And if you use the magic band, it will just automatically use the LL?
Thanks again!

GOLD Tier MEPs to look out for aka down quite a bit.
Disneyland
Indiana Jones
Matterhorn
Mickey and Minnie's Runaway Railway
Disney California Adventure
TSMM
Web Slingers

SILVER Tiers MEPs to look out for aka down quite a bit.
Disneyland
Small World
Roger Rabbit
Goofy Sky School
Incredicoaster
Grizzly
Monsters Inc

I usually fish for Gold MEPs, but will modify to a Silver if the return window begins soon.

Last edited:

And the LL will still allow you in even though it’s booked for “later”? And if you use the magic band, it will just automatically use the LL?
Thanks again!
The apps ticket barcodes and magic bands will automatically know what to scan.

Disneyland
Indiana Jones
Matterhorn
TSMM
Web Slingers

SILVER Tiers MEPs to look out for aka down quite a bit.
Disneyland
Small World
Roger Rabbit
Goofy Sky School
Incredicoaster
Grizzly
Monsters Inc

I usually fish for Gold MEPs, but will modify to a Silver if the return window begins soon.
Has this changed Recently?

Can I tell you a secret? Both of those barcodes are the same. They’re both your admission barcode.
While the same. Some Cast Members have freaked out when they noticed I was using my physical or on the app ticket barcode.

Since the LL Redeem button will not be ready when using the MEP, use the MEP barcode to ease the CMs confusion.
Or just use the Magic Bands.

Not sure you are reading my post correctly.
I thought that Guardians and SM were also Golden Tier? Maybe this list is just saying which ones go down the most often, but when I read it, I thought it was supposed to be a comprehensive list of what is Golden Tier. When we were just there a few weeks ago, both SM and Guardians were golden tier. Just wanted to clarify if those two rides are no longer golden tier?

I thought that Guardians and SM were also Golden Tier? Maybe this list is just saying which ones go down the most often, but when I read it, I thought it was supposed to be a comprehensive list of what is Golden Tier. When we were just there a few weeks ago, both SM and Guardians were golden tier. Just wanted to clarify if those two rides are no longer golden tier?
Correct go down most often.
Space Mountain and Guardians are still GOLD tiers.

Remind me what Golden and Silver Tier mean, please?

Remind me what Golden and Silver Tier mean, please?

The Gold Tier are good for all the rides (except ILL), including other Gold Tier rides. The Silver Tier aren’t good for Gold Tier rides. So I can take my MEP from Indy almost anywhere, but my MEP from IASW is more limited (for example).

As of 8/19/2023...
Disneyland Gold Tier MEPs
Indiana Jones (most likely to go down during the day)
Space Mountain
Matterhorn (most likely to go down during the day)
Haunted Mansion Holiday (holiday version only)
Small World Holiday (holiday version only)
Disneyland Silver Tier MEPs
Haunted Mansion (non-holiday version)
Big Thunder Mountain (most likely to go down during the day)
Small World (non-holiday version) (most likely to go down during the day)
Millennium Falcon Smugglers Run
Roger Rabbit Cartoon Spin (most likely to go down during the day)
Buzz Lightyear Astroblasters
Star Tours
Autopia

Disney California Adventure Gold Tier MEPs
Spider-Man Web Slingers (most likely to go down during the day)
Guardians of the Galaxy Mission Breakout (same for non-holiday and holiday version)
Toy Story Midway Mania (most likely to go down during the day)
Disney California Adventure Silver Tier MEPs
Incredicoaster (most likely to go down during the day)
Goofy's Sky School (most likely to go down during the day)
Grizzly River Run (most likely to go down during the day)
Soarin
Monsters Inc (most likely to go down during the day)

The Gold Tier are good for all the rides (except ILL), including other Gold Tier rides. The Silver Tier aren’t good for Gold Tier rides. So I can take my MEP from Indy almost anywhere, but my MEP from IASW is more limited (for example).
Ah, thanks.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter