Fish Extender Gift Feedback

My favorite has been a magnet with all the sailing info on it. I think of our trip every time I open the fridge. We did a simple "laundry kit" with a couple of dryer sheets and a "pod" style detergent for Alaska. Most people were doing laundry so I hope it helped someone.

I love the laundry idea! I saw some pop up hampers on Etsy that look so cute too.

You are right in that you cannot choose one gift that absolutely everyone will use and enjoy, but as with all gift giving, it is the thought that counts! My family was just tickled to find a surprise in their FE pocket! I appreciated all the gifts that people spent time putting together for my family.

There are several gifts that stood out for us that we received. We all still use our small flashlights that we received on our last cruise. My most favorite was a little handmade Disney fabric valet tray that is flat, but then snaps together. Perfect for me as I travel a lot and put my jewelry in it! I also loved my bookmarks that I received as I read a lot. Someone knitted a Mickey shaped ornament that I hang on my tree each year. My daughter got a hand-painted clip board that she has used all year at school. My teenage sons liked their key chains and candy.

So many great ideas have been listed here. I would be tickled to receive any one of them and appreciate the fact that someone cared enough to give it to me!

I've never participated in FE, but Target has some great inexpensive Disney products right now (lip balm, Pez, pens, pencils, hair ties, bath sponges, candy bracelets, nail polish, etc). Most little items are under $5 and often that's for packs with multiples (for example, I think the hair ties were 6 for $5, the nail polish is 3 for $5, and the candy bracelets were 3 for $1). You can find the items online here but I found most in my local store (that I bought for myself, not for FE gifts lol).

I am not crafty and we'll be doing FE exchanges on our upcoming cruises.

One idea I had is to buy pillowcases in bulk and give everyone a pillowcase with a Sharpie for autographs. Is this a good idea? I don't see it listed on many of the suggestions, so I am wondering if it would not be something people would like. I was thinking about doing this for a Western Caribbean cruise.

We are also doing an Alaska cruise. I stumbled upon an adorable idea for giving people hot chocolate mix-in kits - plastic bags of mini marshmallows, peanut butter chips, etc. The only issue is I would have to put them in plastic bags myself. I love this idea, but I'm inclined to not do it because I think a lot of people would not accept food that was opened from a stranger. Thoughts?

Alternately, I could get Dollar Tree Disney items. I really have no idea how much people spend per person/cabin and I don't want to be cheap.
Just be careful with hot chocolate you said with peanut butter chips some people are allergic to peanut butter. We just did the first Alaska cruise this year and one present was a hot chocolate kit and it was yummy. I think must people are greatful for any gift

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter