First world rants

My first world rant... Starbuck's. Doesn't matter if it's 5:15 AM or 8:00 PM there is ALWAYS someone blocking the entire pickup area. Do they not think anyone else is waiting for a drink?

Attachments

• AE4C2EAA-6D01-453F-8586-BC15EE2D1C6E_1_201_a.jpeg
    AE4C2EAA-6D01-453F-8586-BC15EE2D1C6E_1_201_a.jpeg
    47.7 KB · Views: 45
Last edited:
My rant: rea! Estate tv shows specifically buyers. Everybody "needs" granite counter tops, stainless steel appliances, two sinks and a fun in every bsthroom, closets the size of a room, a home office, quiet property away from street traffic/noise but close to work/shopping/town center, at least two-car gstate if not more, move in ready, under a budget that they frequently exceed or worse.

The show I'm watching, couple decided on a $135,000 condo, offered $85,000, ultimately paid $93,000. And a woman on House Hunters the other night based her decision partly on whether she could impress her social media followers.
To add to this, why do they always have to go on and on about needing/having space to entertain? Who buys a house based on maybe having some visitors now and then? Who the heck are these people entertaining???
OH, and I totally agree, DH and I are always laughing at the "Oh no this one won't do because it doesn't have twin sinks". You really can't wait out of the bathroom for one person to brush their teeth or whatnot and then come in and use the single sink??? UGH

To add to this, why do they always have to go on and on about needing/having space to entertain? Who buys a house based on maybe having some visitors now and then? Who the heck are these people entertaining???
OH, and I totally agree, DH and I are always laughing at the "Oh no this one won't do because it doesn't have twin sinks". You really can't wait out of the bathroom for one person to brush their teeth or whatnot and then come in and use the single sink??? UGH

The shows where they are buying a beach home are my favorite, but they ALWAYS complain about the double sinks thing. You are going to ONLY use this home when you are on vacation and you can't wait your turn for the bathroom!!!!!

My rant: rea! Estate tv shows specifically buyers. Everybody "needs" granite counter tops, stainless steel appliances, two sinks and a fun in every bsthroom, closets the size of a room, a home office, quiet property away from street traffic/noise but close to work/shopping/town center, at least two-car gstate if not more, move in ready, under a budget that they frequently exceed or worse.

The show I'm watching, couple decided on a $135,000 condo, offered $85,000, ultimately paid $93,000. And a woman on House Hunters the other night based her decision partly on whether she could impress her social media followers.

If it makes you feel any better, it's all just reality TV "magic"... People featured on House Hunters have already chosen and may be in the closing process of the house they picked, and they go back and retroactively pick two other houses on the market to "review". One of DHs co workers was almost on the show but backed out, and that's what he was telling us. I'm sure they are also "directed" to point certain things out. Before I knew this, I would get an inner rage when they would complain about paint colors on the wall.... Like, pick up a paintbrush nimrod!

But I guess ultimately it still doesn't erase the fact that a lot of people want all the trendy upgrades without the price tag, and the fact that people do still buy way more house than they can really afford...

My first world rant... Starbuck's. Doesn't matter if it's 5:15 AM or 8:00 PM there is ALWAYS someone blocking the entire pickup area. Do they not think anyone else is waiting for a drink?

Could be worse - you could be at baggage claim at an airport! I nearly took out three people the other day just trying to get my suitcase off the carousel - never understood why everyone feels the need to hover over that when they don't even see their bags yet.

The shows where they are buying a beach home are my favorite, but they ALWAYS complain about the double sinks thing. You are going to ONLY use this home when you are on vacation and you can't wait your turn for the bathroom!!!!!
Not to mention it's a million dollar house and in some of the places those homes are it would be $500 to convert over to double sinks.

So which is it. House A... Rotting foundation, 70s wood paneling, floors you hated, a nice view of the sewer plant, or B, where everything was right except for the single sink.
WE WENT WITH HOUSE A!! We just couldn't handle that single sink.

Those shows are fake anyway. Most of the time they've already bought the house and the others are just random. Some people have even reported they just had their friends clean up their house and stage it. It's not even on the market. TGhey really didn't buy the single sink house because it was way over what the show said it was in price or something.

First world rant - we leave for FLA next week and I have SOOOOOOO much to do to get ready and absolutely no motivation. I am not looking forward to this trip, at all. Sigh. Oh, woe is me...another Disney trip.

Law & Order: Special Victims Unit first world rants:

The (imo) clear overuse of the names Tom and Tommy.

That, in the 11/21 episode, they should have called Nicholas Turturro's character James Martinez instead of (retired Detective) Frank Bucci. NYPD Blue fans well get this ;)

And worst, that this episode is part one, and the show is now on hiatus until January 9!!!!

Here's another rant. My internal clock likes to wake me up at 3:30 am even on WEEKENDS. Now I can't get back to sleep because the heat works too well and the house is too warm. I've been laying here for 2 1/2 hours trying to sleep.

Here's another rant. My internal clock likes to wake me up at 3:30 am even on WEEKENDS. Now I can't get back to sleep because the heat works too well and the house is too warm. I've been laying here for 2 1/2 hours trying to sleep.

I'm with you on this one, though it's my two cats that can't tell weekends from weekdays. (It's a good thing I actually enjoy my coffee time before the house becomes a social place.)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter