First Trip

DiDis

Earning My Ears
Hi All,

My husband, 10 year old daughter, her friend and our 1 year old are all going to Disney for our first time! We are all very excited! I was just wondering if anyone has taken their one year old to Disney and what I should be prepared for? Hope you can help! I'm a little nervous that she and I won't have as much fun as the other three. :earboy2:

alot of factors are ......what time of the year you are going.....if it is wicked hot and humid ....then you have to remember to keep ALL of them well hydrated and covered with sunscreen and hats .....bring a stroller from home or rent one each day from the parks.....take breaks is another important thing to remember....like going back to the hotel during the heat of the day and rest with the little one and let the older ones go swimming with the father .OR HE CAN SLEEP AND YOU CAN swim with the older two......
We have chats on Tuesday and Wednesday evenings at 9 pm and they can help you prepare your trip and you can ask all the questions you want......we also have another forum here that is Disney with families.......hope you visit often
and again

WELCOME :cheer2: :cool1:

Welcome to the DIS :wave:

Have you checked out the Disney with Families Forum? :teeth:

Hello and welcome! Just wanted to let you know that we went last March, we left the day after our dd turned 1 and our ds was 6. We had a blast!!!!! Make sure, no matter the weather, to use sun screen, babies burn very easily, we found a great one called Baby Blanket, worked great, no stinging or burning. Our ds was able to go on most rides, Jungle cruise, Aladin, Dumbo, Pirates, etc.....she also loved Playhouse disney and the 3D movies, although we couldn't keep her glasses on her. We ds wanted to ride something that she could not, myself or dh would take him on, I rode splash mtn. with him while dh rode Thunder mtn. We stayed from the time the parks opened until they closed. She loved the parades and the characters. We did breakfast at Chef Mickeys and Mickey sat down and feed her her cereal, it was great! One thing that helped alot was taking our own stroller, we had one that has the handle that can be flipped over from one end to the other, Fisher Price Perfect Fit, that way we could turn her around when walking into the sun and it didn't bother her eyes. Also reclined so that she was able to nap when she needed to. Have a great trip! If you have any other questions I might be able to answer PM me, I'd be happy to help.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter