First trip with a teen on the spectrum

MaintenanceMan17

Earning My Ears
I’m going to the Magic Kingdom next month with my GF and her DD who is a teen on the spectrum. She can be very impatient. We know about the DAS pass and will definitely get that but looking for suggestions of rides or other activities that might have shorter return times and restaurants that are good for a super picky eater.

Without knowing what specific foods she does and doesn't eat, the best recommendation we can give is to read the menus on the app or website. Right now, most restaurants have smaller menus than they did pre-pandemic, so checking out all the restaurants in the Magic Kingdom shouldn't be too big of a job. NB that table service restaurants will do everything they can to customize or substitute dishes, while quick service places have a more limited ability to accommodate off-menu requests.

Without knowing what specific foods she does and doesn't eat, the best recommendation we can give is to read the menus on the app or website. Right now, most restaurants have smaller menus than they did pre-pandemic, so checking out all the restaurants in the Magic Kingdom shouldn't be too big of a job. NB that table service restaurants will do everything they can to customize or substitute dishes, while quick service places have a more limited ability to accommodate off-menu requests.
Basically chicken tenders and fries

We use the tip board a lot to see what's near us with a short wait. It might be worth firing up the Disney app in advance and seeing what typically has shorter waits through the day and how those rides might play into any sensory concerns.

As far as chicken tenders and fries - things change, but off the top of my head that's columbia harbor house (and maybe pinocchio village haus).

Use the MDE app to check QS menus at the parks. I think quite a few have nuggets/fries as kids meals. Last June I actually mobile ordered kids meals 1/2 the time. Adult portions have too much food - I like to leave space (and calories) for treats.

Definitely use the DAS pass and MDE to check for wait times. If your GF’s DD is able to give some input on at least some of the rides and shows, that may help. I used to find with my son on the spectrum.

For the parks, I see these QS as having chicken tenders or chicken nuggets as of today:
MK: Cosmic Rays, Columbia Harbour House, Pinocchio Village Haus
HS: Rosie’s All-American Cafe, Backlot Express
EP: Connections Eatery (kids meal), Refreshment port stand (8pc nuggets(
AK: Restaurantosaurus, Harambe Market (kids meal)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter