First trip to US in May, tips?

mrs.ariel

Mouseketeer
Hi all,
We're going to US/IOA for our first time ever-May 3-6. We're staying at HRH so we'll have the EP. As of now, there are no EE posted. What should we do first? My kids are excited about everything!! What do you all do first thing? Which park first if no EE? I know this is all subjective, I'm just curious what other people do.
Also, my DH will be joining the grandparents and myself and kids Thurs/Fri, so we can do more kid-only stuff weds/thurs.

Also, I need my coffee in the morning, it looks like there's a starbucks on site at HRH, is this my best option for coffee before the parks? We will eat breakfast in the room before heading out.
Thanks for any tips:)

I'd check which park gives you early entry as a hotel guest.
And a few of the rides are not part of the express pass-fastpass thing so I'd do those things first.
And the descriptions in the guidebooks, like the unofficial guide, should help you determine what things you want to do and what ones you want to not do.

you should have a keurig in the room.
make a cup of coffee before you go out to buy a cup of coffee is my morning routine when i am onsite .

EE should be listed next month.
there will always be one park opened for the ee.

i would go to www.universalorlando.com and see what is in the parks you and the kids can do during the day.
you can get a decent description of the ride and get an idea if you want to do it.

As mac says start with the Universal website.........it has a host of info about everything to do with parks and ride details.......it`s an excellent tool to start with for research.

How horrible will the lines be for Minions, Spiderman, etc later in the day using EP? Do you think its ok to skip these and head to HP first thing in the morning? I'm guessing we should do the non-EP rides first, before the crowds?

you should not have any crowd issues.
you will be there on weekdays and many are at work or in school so that alleviates some crowds.
the minionion and spiderman have express lines that will be open, use them.

if you want potter, do that first with early entry.
when it fills up after the 9:00/regular park open time, go on to other parts in the parks.

you can return to potterville a couple of hours before park closing.

agree with PP hit the HP area with your EE. the express lines should not be an issue...the only that might be is minions. I would hit HP then work your way around park using EP and reducing crossing back and forth. Be sure to schedule time to just see the sights and enjoy shows and theming

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter