• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

First trip to DLP

DurangoJim

Mouseketeer
Not going to bore people with a trip report. We stayed at the Newport Bay Club which I was expecting something like the YC. Let’s just say I’d rather have stayed at Pop. The CMs were unhelpful and rude even at times. The maids (I refuse to call them
Mousekeepers because they don’t deserve to be called that compared to the great folks at WDW) never smiled, said hello, or even offered to
Move out of the way if somewhat happened to be carrying their luggage down the hall. Garbage laying in the halls for more than 24 hours. Rooms were extremely dated (AC was weak, I know this is a French thing so I’m letting it pass).
Transportation from the train station via the intermittent busses was abysmal especially when carrying luggage.
Disney Village looks like it belongs at a Six Flags somewhere and is run down and extremely dated along with some ridiculous representation of American food and culture (Billy Bob’s buffet or whatever it’s called).
Walt Disney Studios did not feel like a disney park. The fact that you had to walk through an indoor food court before you got to any kind of attraction area was just plain weird and un-disney like.
The DL park itself had some cool things like
Adventure Isle, Pirates was great along with Big Thunder, the dragon under the castle and Phantom Manor. I liked the arcades that allowed us to bypass Main Street.
Walt’s restaurant was the absolute worst food we’ve had at any Disney park anywhere and the service was just as bad. The menu was a joke (apparently Walt loved everything on the menu, like chicken but only with one vegetable).
My son waited until the Remy Store opened at 9 so he could buy a Remy that sat on your shoulder since it was sold out the day before. I gave him a 100 euro bill because I didn’t know how much it would cost. At 9:02 he frantically texts me that they can’t take his money because they can’t make change and that they can’t hold it for him. Long story short I walk over there from being on the Snow White ride with my daughter and pay for the thing. This happened after the night before where we were told a cart that they only accepted cash for bottles of pop.
Highlight of the trip was the drone show which really confirms my thoughts that WDW needs a drone show at EPCOT.
Overall I’m glad we went but won’t be returning. It just didn’t feel like “Disney” to me. More like
Some company had paid to use the name. With as many problems WDW has I’m still glad we have that park and CMs and not DLP.

I’m sorry you had a rough time and came away so disappointed. Sounds like your expectations didn’t align with your experience at all. I have read enough here and seen enough vlogs to have lower expectations on service and hotels (as well as food) like you described. We are planning a two night stop during our two week trip in summer 24 and may stay off property nearby to avoid some of the issues. But my biggest interest is the park vibe, attractions and overall design. Hopefully the rest of your experiences were better!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter