• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

First trip report

ella's_mommy

Earning My Ears
Hello to anyone reading this. We are planning on going to Disney from April 30-May 10, 2011. I know that this report is early (not that I am exciting or anything!) but I have been allowed to do most of the planning, with input from everyone else, which I am happy about! The cast is:

Me-will be 38-single mom, very excited to watch my daughter enjoy this. Favorite Disney characters are Pooh and Eeyore.

E- my daughter, will turn 4 at Disney- not to sure what Disney World and refers to it as Mickeys house. Loves most things Disney especially the princesses, especially Ariel, Monsters Inc., and has a real love for all the villians (maybe this should worry me a little :rotfl:)

Mom- my mom, will be 59- likes Disney, loves Goofy!

K- my sister, will be 27- likes Disney alot, especially Tigger and Monsters, Inc.

D- my cousin and best friend- 31- loves Disney, especially Pooh.

M- her husband- will be 38- not too into Disney but a great guy and one of the funniest people I know. Not afraid to look foolish!

L- D's daughter, my goddaughter- 9- loves princesses and High School Musical.

A- M's daughter- 9- loves and animals and High School Musical.

J- D and M's son- will be 4- loves trucks and all things boyish. Also has a love for the princesses, but wouldn't admit to it.

Thats our cast, big I know, and we live in 2 different states so thats why we had to start planning early. Takes a while to make decisions over the phone with so many people :)!

A little background info. We have only been to Disney once, about 8 years ago. Me, Mom, K, and L (who was 6 months old) went with other family members and although we had a great time the other family members weren't invited this time :rotfl:. These are the plans so far:

We plan to stay at POR. Thats where we stayed when we went last time and we loved it there, especially the boat ride to DTD. With my cousins family having 5 members we were limited in options so this was our choice (I would love to stay deluxe but not in the budget).

Me, mom, K and E are staying for 11 days and taking the train from where we live in PA. Mom doesn't fly and I don't want to drive so this seems good. We are not renting a car and going to take a cab or shuttle to the hotel and use Disney transportation. Actually pretty excited about it.

D, M, L, A, and J are staying for 7 days and are driving from their house in NY. Some of the group want to go to Discovery Cove so having a car there will work out well.

I in charge of ADR's, which I am happy about, and have our tentative list after taking in to account everyone else's likes and dislikes. Luckily everyone is so easy going that there isn't any resistance to anything. We will all have the DDP, obviously me, mom, K and E have more meals because we are staying longer.

The ADRs i have decided on are:

T Rex- J is the only boy and I thought he would love this
O'Hana- the one I am looking forward to the most
Boma
Garden Grill- K has a thing for the chipmunks
Askershus
Coral Reef- again for K
Sci-Fi
Cape May- mom, D, and M love clams and crab legs
Tusker House- the only ts breakfast planned
Crystal Palace- went before and loved it plus Pooh is there

Still have one more to pick, bouncing a few around. Of course these are not set in stone so things may change before I can actually make the ADRs. We are also not morning people, except for mom, so only one breakfast planned. We do plan on getting to the parks early to do the big stuff and then taking our time, resting when the kids want to and taking advantage of the resort pools as everyone loves to swim.

Hey there! Great dining choices - Ohana is our favorite, and we go there on every trip! I really wanted to go to Cape May this year, because my oldest daughter loves seafood, but I couldn't get anyone else to agree to it. We travel with family too, so it's a balancing act finding restaurants everyone will like. In fact, check out my ptr if you want to see all the drama involved with making our dining choices!

POR is my favorite resort. Its just beautiful, we love the Alligator Bayou section. In fact, it was really hard to make the decision not to stay there this year - I'm still a little sad about it, but CBR will be a new adventure.

Can't wait to hear more about your plans!

Hi! I am enjoying your PTR so far! :) I just started my first PTR as well! I can't wait to read more about your plans!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter