• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

First trip in January 2015....Help!

therannj

Mouseketeer
We are planning a trip to Florida in January to go to Sea World one day and Legoland one day. Is it worth going in January? Are the animals out, rides open, etc? We have a 2, 7, and 10 year old. Any help in planning the day or tips to get the most out of the day would be awesome.
Thanks in advance.

Also is there a Legoland group?

We visited during the month of January in 2012, and everything was open but Journey to Atlantis (which was closed for annual maintenance). Everything else was a go :thumbsup2 . There is never a bad time to visit SeaWorld :) .

Just be sure to be ready for the weather....it could be warm, cold, or anything in between. You might find you need a sweater in the morning, shorts in the afternoon, and the sweater again as evening approaches.

Hi! Regarding LEGOLAND, I was there on a cool day during Spring Break earlier this year. Everything should be open when you go except for the water park. There is a water ride in the Chima area where you can get pretty wet, so if it is cool, you might want to save that for last. Otherwise, the strategy for LEGOLAND is the same as most parks. Pick the things your kids most want to do. The Dragon and Coastersaurus roller coasters and the Driving School are popular. You might want to add the Buzz Lightyear-like ride (I think it is called Lost Kingdom). Be there at park open, and go straight to those rides, working your way back to the Driving School. We did that and didn't wait in any lines. There is another coaster in the back called Flying School which we did several times with no lines after the Driving School. You might consider having one parent take the older kids on this route, while the other goes to the kiddie area (Duplo something). There are some awesome Lego constructions in the center of the park. Blow by those and save them for later in the day. Also, don't pay full price. Look for the BOGO in the Lego magazine or other discounts. You will find mixed opinions on LEGOLAND in these forums. We had a fun, relaxing day there. We probably won't go back, since it's a little out of the way and geared toward younger kids, but I'm glad we went.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter