First Trip Home - VWL Report!

larry's girl

Dead last finish is better than did not finish, wh
We stayed in a one-bedroom villa at VWL last week. This was our first time staying in DVC accommodations, so we were not sure what to expect. Well, I think we are now spoiled from staying in any other kind of hotel accommodations for any length of time. Such luxury - I could not believe how much room we had! We checked in early on Thursday morning, and had to call later in the afternoon for our room number. Our villa was very clean and we were pleased with the location. We were on the second floor, close to the elevators, and the view from our balcony was of the pool through the trees. We did not cook, but did use the refrigerator, microwave and dishwasher while we were there. The weather was hotter than we expected, so I did do some laundry so we would have clean, dry clothes for the evening after a day in the parks. I loved the convenience of this - no laundromat involved!

One afternoon, we went down to the Iron Spike room and my husband and daughter played a game of checkers while we ate lunch. Before they finished their game, a castmember was there taking our trash and asking if we were having a good time. I was so impressed with the service here - every castmember we talked with was pleasant and helpful and we enjoyed our conversations with them.

Our daughter loved the jacuzzi, although we had to get creative so that DH and I could rest in our bedroom and she could still have her privacy protected while she was in there. We stuffed a blanket into the huge gap at the bottom of the folding shutters by the tub, and then her dad and I made sure we didn't leave our bedroom until she was out of the jacuzzi and dressed - this worked just fine.

She slept on the sleeper sofa, and said that it was lumpy and there was a bar in the middle that you could feel every time you turned over. Although it didn't seem to bother her - I guess when you're young and tired from being in the parks all day, you can sleep anywhere - I was a little disappointed that it was uncomfortable for her.

Other than that, we had no complaints and would gladly stay at VWL again.

Sounds great! Glad you had a great time. I'm aching to get back home...but we have a long time to wait!

Sorry about the sofa bed...hopefully they will get the new style soon. Try an egg crate pad on top of the mattress next time...and I think they have some kind of bed board that goes under the mattress...so that you don't feel the bar. Might be worth a shot!

Very glad to hear that you enjoyed your first visit to VWL. And I know what you mean about staying in a 1BR....it really is a luxurious way to stay on-site, isn't it! :)

And yes, you have officially joined the ranks of the spoiled! I must warn you that staying in normal hotel rooms from now on will always be a bit of a disappointment! :p

Thanks for posting your impressions of your first DVC visit.

Its good to hear you liked VWL so much. We are kind of partial too it ourselves. We were there on the 4th floor til this past Sat.

Hi,

Thanks for sharing!!! Glad you had a good time!!!

Allison

Glad to hear that you had such a positive first experience at VWL! We will be calling at the 11-month mark to make reservations for Christmas 2005 -- can't wait!!

Thanks for the great report. We will be making our 1st trip home to VWL in June - can hardly wait!!!:Pinkbounc

Thanks for sharing - sounds like you had a blast!

We are going to try and get the VWL at the 7 month window for a trip in August. We have not stayed there yet but from everyone's reports - it sounds great!

Thanks to everyone for their replies. I am fairly new to posting and I appreciate everyone's kind thoughts.

Kweaver - Thanks for the suggestion! I have heard of an egg crate pad, and I am sure we could get one of those fairly easily. How do I get a board, though? Is that something I can request when we stay at VWL again, or do I need to buy it somewhere before I leave home? Any further info you have on this would be appreciated!

Thanks again!

Susan

Thanks for the report! We too, have become spoiled by staying in a one bedroom. It makes the trip so much better!

Thanks for the great trip report! We visited WL and VWL on our trip to OKW in mid Oct. We explored the gorgeous Iron Spike room. I wished I had asked to see a 1 br there but it seemed too much of an imposition at the time.

Glad you had fun! I think housekeeping will deliver the egg crate to the room for your use during the trip. Maybe they send the board too:confused:

Lisa:sunny:

Thanks for the report! We'll be on our second trip home in Feb and are spoiled by the suites as well. I'll have to request the eggcrate pad for my kids next time too. They didn't complain, but it still sounds like a good idea.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter