First timers guide to planning 1st Disney World Trip - during COVID-19.

jourknee2master

Earning My Ears
My friends have never been to Disney World and are planning to come down in November. They have heard great feedback from others of limited capacity benefits and are eager to take the opportunity to experience Disney World for the first time. I have been an AP holder for as long as I can remember and fear that they might lose out on the magic given new restrictions or changes to normal park operations. Since there are no kids attending, it will be an adult-only trip which makes me worry less, however, I am finding it challenging to plan. I am hopeful that holiday decor and some activities around the property will be in effect and we can take a day to enjoy the resort hoping to appreciate everything. They are not Disney die-hards so I would like to put something together that allows for a pretty broad experience where they are able to enjoy as much as possible within given circumstances as I believe this might be their "once in a lifetime" trip.

I have not been in the back since January and am a bit anxious myself of just going out there. Would love some help and feedback regarding planning?

I don't really have much planning advice, I think a lot of the same strategies that typically apply to first-timers still apply. But I do want to add that I have seen a large number of first-time families here this week and they all seem to be having a blast!! I think going for the first time right now is great as it helps to get your feet wet without being overwhelmed by all the little things like FPs and rope drop. Yes, they will miss out on some things like fireworks, but it just gives more reason to come back! The magic is definitely still very much alive and well.

I think most of the same strategies that worked before work now
Plan on what attractions the group wants to do, prioritize the most popular ones, rope drop, stay until the end of the day. Outdoor queues and attractions do in the morning to avoid rain and heat. Don't overplan

If they’ve never been, then they won’t know what they’re missing really. Even a scaled-down WDW is still pretty amazing, and if crowds stay low they’ll have a chance to see the parks as few have, and with low waits. I’m in a similar situation where we’re going in late November/early December and my DDs friend is coming with us and it’s her first time. My DD was upset that she may not get to do and see everything we usually do but I told her what I just told you, she’s never been so she won’t even know what’s she’s missing and she’ll still have a blast.

We are just back from a trip last week. I think that what you lose in shows/entertainment etc you gain in flexibility and relaxed pace. The crazy rope drops are gone - Replaced with just wandering and doing the next thing that strikes your fancy. I think for a first trip this might be even better.
Also with shorter park hours and low crowds we did a lot more outside the parks than ever and again for less enthusiastic Disney fans it might be even better.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter