• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

First timers....as adults!

orbaya

Earning My Ears
:wave: Hi!
First off, I want to say that I LOVE all the smiley faces to choose from on this board!
Okay, now onto Disney stuff.....
My hubby and I are going to WDW for the first time (as adults), so we're doing the planning. We have already booked our car, air, and hotel (staying at Wyndham Orlando). Hubby put me in charge of making the itinerary. I've looked at many Disney sites, I have 2 guide books, and am waiting on the video from Disney.
There is just so much to do and so little time! We will be there 12/31 thru 1/6, and are planning to visit WDW, Epcot, Animal Kingdom, Universal and MGM. I basically need a list of "must do's" at these places. I also need recommendations on how to build my itinerary...what to do first, what order, etc. I don't want to plan every minute of every day, but want to have the most important stuff covered....rides, places to eat, and any tips! I know this is a lot, but I'm becoming overwhelmed!! How do all of you decide on what to do, especially those traveling without kids. Thanks so very much in advance! :jester:

First of all...WELCOME TO THE DIS!

You'll find LOTS of great information on these boards. You may want to divide your questions and post them on seperate boards to get more feedback (i.e, restaurant tips on the Restaurants Board, ride tips on the Attractions Board, etc).

The first thing DH and I do to plan our trip is to decide which park to visit on which day. DH and I aren't early birds, so we've never taken advantage of Early Entry when staying onsite. We make a note of which parks are the early entry parks for which days, and avoid those parks on those days. Non-earlyentry parks tend to be less crowded.

Rides not to miss (IMO :D):
MK: The 3 mountains, Pirates, and Haunted Mansion
MGM: Rock N Rollar Coaster and Tower of Terror, the live shows are great (Beauty and the beast, Hunchback, Little Mermaid, etc).
EPCOT: Spaceship Earth, TestTrack, and a stroll around World Showcase,
AK: Safari, Dinosaur, It's tough to be a bug

I've never been to Universal, but we do have a Universal boad that would probably be very helpful!

As for meals, it depends on your taste. There's lots of GREAT restaurant! I highly recommend that ya'll do a Character meal! They are lots of fun and NOT just for kids! DH and I did 2 during our honeymoon and are doing another in December! They are great!!

Keep in mind that it may be better to not plan EVERY minute! LOL!! Leave some free time to sit back and enjoy the magic of Disney!

If you have any questions, feel free to PM or email me! Happy Planning!! :D :D

How about Cirque de Soliel (sp?) at Downtown Disney, it is a awesome show and would be a great way to spend a evening-I definately recommend it! They usually have two shows per evening.

Grover in Winnipeg
:D

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter