First Timer!

thelittlemermaid2

Mouseketeer
My wonderful family and I will be in DLP for the first time in May! I've got WDW down to a science, and DL has been conquered as well, but I am a fish out of water with DLP. We are spending one day there, and planning on doing both parks. I would love any tips! How much time should we spend in each park? My family is all about the rides, but loves the shows as well. Which shows are worth it and which would just take up ride time? I will appreciate any advice!

If you love the rides then I would start in the Studios. Arrive at 9am and head straight to the Studio gates, they will open at 9:30 although rides do not open until 10am (they sometimes open a little before). Once the gates open go straight to Crush's Coaster as it does not have fastpass and the lines get very long quickly. Then after this head down to Ratatouille to get a fastpass if the return time suits or use the single rider line (again this ride gets busy and stays busy all day. Last week all fastpasses were got by just after 11am). Then go over to RC racer followed by Tower of Terror. If you think you are going to have time and the show times allow, Cinemagique is also a good show to see.

Then head over to the Disneyland Park. If you are going in Early May and the Forest of Enchantment show is on I would definitely go and see this. I would also see Goofy's Garden party if it is on the day you visit. In the Disneyland Park I would probably get a Buzz fastpass and then go on Space Mountain. I would then go over to Indiana Jones (a looping rollercoaster) and then prioritise attractions that are unique to DLP (explore the castle, go under the castle to see the dragon, do the Alice in Wonderland maze). Definitely stay for Dreams as it is amazing. Get a good spot by the rope or if you don't have time to wait early we like to stand at the side of the control room (the garden hut in front of Caseys at the bottom of Main Street) where there is a good view over the mound of grass that you can get to quite late.

Hope this helps.

I have almost nothing to add on what Danauk said. It might be a bit tricky depending on the crowds to squeeze in everything from both parks in one day. I personally don't like the shows, so those would be the first ones to skip. But all in all, DLP is very easy to conquer as it is nowhere near as big as WDW.

Some shows are in English or French such as Stitch Live, but they tell you when the next show in your chosen language will be. Others such as Dreams are done in English and French, one character speaks in English, the other in French, but you can tell from the reply what the previous character has said. Other shows such as the Forest of Enchantment are sung in English.

We are excited to be visiting in September - will be doing the Run Disney event and earning our Castle to Chateau medals! We will be there from 9/21 - 9/26 - as of this minute we only have park passes for 3 of the days - thinking that we would not do a park on the half marathon day and possibly on either arrival day or Expo day - Will three in park days be enough or would you add the other two days knowing they would only be partial days?

We are excited to be visiting in September - will be doing the Run Disney event and earning our Castle to Chateau medals! We will be there from 9/21 - 9/26 - as of this minute we only have park passes for 3 of the days - thinking that we would not do a park on the half marathon day and possibly on either arrival day or Expo day - Will three in park days be enough or would you add the other two days knowing they would only be partial days?
3 days should be enough, but I don't think it costs much more to add a 4th. I just don't know if you can do it once the tickets are already purchased.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter