first timer trying for AP rates

briarberry

Mouseketeer
I'm new to all this. I have already booked 6 nights at POFQ for August. I have been watching these boards for the AP codes to come out so I can hopefully apply a code. I am, of course willing to pay rack rate but I would be thrilled to save some $. I am just curious as to how it all plays out. Once the codes are released (hopefully next week?), how vigiliant should I be at checking for them? I am checking every night after work. How fast do the rooms fill? Should I check throughout the day and use my cell phone from work or will I still stand a chance if I wait until evening? (I teach school and have this image in my mind - me telling the kids to stop talking while I call Disney World :rotfl: )
When I read some of these posts, people sound like they walk around attached to the phone. I am not sure if they are kidding or if the rooms at these rates fill in that quickly. We are going in late August which last year was a great time because the crowds were low. I didn't know anything about codes etc. back then. Thank goodness I found these boards!
Any help would be appreciated! :flower:

To get an AP rate you must buy an Annual Pass, it's not really a code. You can book a room at the AP rate before you purchase one. At check-in you need to show them the Annual Pass or you will be charged full price. My understanding is that they set aside only so many rooms for an AP rate and they do tend to go pretty fast. But, if there are any cancellations an AP rate can be applied at a later date, you just have to keep checking back.

As soon as the discount comes out I would book it then, if you want to stay at a specific resort. I planned my vacation with Small World and my TA changed my reservation to an AP rate and I didn't have to do a thing.

This is a really stupid question, but where do you go to check for the AP rates?

I also use "It's a Small World" travel...Marion is awesome.

Right now I have our rooms booked at rack rate...Marion will check and apply the AAA discount when it comes out...then will change that to the AP rate if/when that comes out. I don't worry about a thing....until she emails me that I need to buy that AP so I can have it at check in. She is really awesome!

Wishing us both luck!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter