• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

First timer to both site and WDW

humalexis

Mouseketeer
Hi there! My family, DH, DD 9yrs, and DD 5yrs will be going to WDW for the first time. We are staying off site at Windsor Hills in a townhouse and going in June 2011. I am a plan freak and am going a little crazy with all the details. Type A! :cool1:

I have a couple of questions and will most likely have many more as things come up.

I am trying to decide if the park hopper is worth it! I think we will have 5 days to actually tour WDW since I want one day to relax in the middle and since we are driving down from Ohio, Saturday night will be needed for some recuperation. I just wondered if anyone had any opinions about this option.

I also wondered if anyone had any top ride picks that will be good for both my girls. My youngest is 4 right now but will be 5 when we go. She is a short like her mama and right now just reaches 40 inches so who knows if she can make it to the 44inches that some rides requires. Any help would be appreciated! Thanks in advance :cheer2:

Welcome!

On the Hopper... I prefer to avoid a park hop for the time the extra cost that goes with it. If you need to catch one of the night-time shows and it's the most practical way to do it, then it might make sense if it doesn't push the budget too far. You can always wait and upgrade your ticket on-site.

18.gif

This is jonthomas ..........

I like to meet the WDW and functions of WDW

I am glad to joining u....................

I am trying to decide if the park hopper is worth it!

I also wondered if anyone had any top ride picks that will be good for both my girls. My youngest is 4 right now but will be 5 when we go.

:welcome: to the DIS! Here's my take on your questions. 1. If you're not sure if you want the hoppers or not, then don't get them. If at any time you decide you need/want hoppers you can always add them on. The price is exactly the same whether you prebuy or add on later... even if it's your last day. I would recommend getting the hoppers only if you're sure that you'll use them.
2. My DDs were almost the same age (8 & 4) when we took them. You'd be surprised what they will like. Their fave rides were Magic Carpets of Alladin at MK and Journey into Imagination with Figment in EPCOT. I would never have picked those rides would become their faves. You never know. My advice? Let them try as many rides as they want, don't push them to try what they don't, and relax and remember why you're there. :goodvibes
Good luck!

Welcome to the DIS!!!!!!!

We never park hop UNLESS we have annual passes. Otherwise, it just chews up too much time!

Welcome to DISboards!

I agree that park hopping takes a lot of time. By the time you get everyone out of the park, on the bus, over the next park, though bag check and at the first attraction, it will take at least an hour. We go to one park per day. All of the parks (except AK) have a must see show at the end of the evening. After the show, it is too late to go to another park. (Not literally too late, but practically too late). On the day we go to AK, we go to Downtown Disney or a special meal at Resort Hotel in the evening.

I will defer to others about what attractions would be best for young kids. We have never been with youngsters. I can guarantee that there are more than enough attractions to satisfy them and the adults in every park.

Have a great first trip! Our first trip was 13 years ago (with nine trips since) and it is still our most memorable.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter