First timer doing NYC marathon

little tinkerbell

Earning My Ears
Hi I Haven't been on the boards in a long while, I would love some info if you guys can help me out, I am doing the NYC marathon by fundraising for ST.Judes children's research hospital, I have done a coupe of half marathons ( the wine and dine half marathon, princess 3 times and this year the glass slipper challenge, the Disney marathon in 2013 ) and the wish boards really helped me in preparing me and helping me to know what to expect, but now for the first time I am not doing a Disney race, and I am getting very nervous as I know nothing of the New York City Marathon! I have no idea what to expect, can you guys help me out? I am staying midtown and I am a run/ walker and mostly in the middle to end of the race
Normally I go with my friends or family to do the races at Disney, so this is also a first going solo
Also are there sweepers like there are at Disney? Help please,
TIA

I do not know much about the race, but you could check out runners worlds forum. They have a sub forum just for the NYC Marathon. You may have to go through a lot a reading to find the information you are looking for, but odds are the answers are there. Good luck @ NYC marathon!

I'm moving this thread to the Events side of WISH. Perhaps someone will have more advice for you.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter