First Timer At The Poly

jhaig

Not The First To Pass This Way
We are scheduled for our first stay at the Polynesian in September 2015. We have been there before for Ohana, Kona, and the luau, but have never spent any significant time there. Now that it looks like the construction will be finished by September (please someone correct me if I'm wrong) we are willing to give the Poly a try.

I have been checking out the Poly resort thread and there's lots of great info there, but is there anything else a first timer needs to know?

We would like to get a top floor quiet room relatively close to the GCH if possible. What is the best building to request or does it even matter?

During our June stay we were in Tuvalu Room 2404. Corner room, no balcony, but the view was partially of the hotel grounds and partially of the beach. Pretty quiet, although on luau nights we could faintly hear the luau, but it didn't bother us.

During our June stay we were in Tuvalu Room 2404. Corner room, no balcony, but the view was partially of the hotel grounds and partially of the beach. Pretty quiet, although on luau nights we could faintly hear the luau, but it didn't bother us.

I'm OK with pretty much any kind of view. Quiet is the key for us.

On our last stay at Poly in a standard view room, I requested third floor, quiet room, close to GCH. We were given just that in Rarotonga which is next door to GCH. We were on the third floor at the very end of the hallway. Didn't hear a peep and were also close to a stairway which put us close to the quiet pool, kids club and path to TTC. It was fabulous!

On our last stay at Poly in a standard view room, I requested third floor, quiet room, close to GCH. We were given just that in Rarotonga which is next door to GCH. We were on the third floor at the very end of the hallway. Didn't hear a peep and were also close to a stairway which put us close to the quiet pool, kids club and path to TTC. It was fabulous!

That sounds perfect! What is the best way to do a room request at the Poly?

You said you did not care about the view - but for anyone else reading, I can say that the view of the castle from the room was pretty bad. We had a MK view and it was partial, but the castle was unobstructed and clear. Problem is, it looked about the size of my little pinky fingernail held at arms length. Fireworks were great, but otherwise, the view was not worth the additional price.

That sounds perfect! What is the best way to do a room request at the Poly?

The best way is to phone reservations (or if you booked with a TA have them) and have your request attached to your res. limit requests to 3, in order of priority.
Keep in mind in Sept east pool will prob be under construction, as main pool should be open by August. Fingers crossed.

You may want to check out Tikiman website. He has a ton of info, on all the longhouses complete with diagrams.

The best way is to phone reservations (or if you booked with a TA have them) and have your request attached to your res. limit requests to 3, in order of priority.
Keep in mind in Sept east pool will prob be under construction, as main pool should be open by August. Fingers crossed.

You may want to check out Tikiman website. He has a ton of info, on all the longhouses complete with diagrams.

I thought the main pool would be done by "early 2015"...

What about requesting a longhouse? We have a standard room view booked so we would have to choose from Aotearoa, Niue, Fiji, Rarotonga, Samoa, and Tuvalu. We would prefer a building closer to the GCH, while proximity to the pool is also desirable. We would also prefer a quiet area and a top floor room. Can anyone share their experiences?

We were at the Poly this past August on the Magical deal. We had requested Fiji on the Luau Cove side. It was all booked. They put us in Aotearoa on the third floor & we loved it!! Our view...

It was steps from GCH and a short walk to the Monorail or The Dock for the Launch to the MK.

Lovely & quiet too :)

Our view from Fiji 3305 (3rd floor, luau cove side)

We just got back two nights ago. This was an extremely quiet room. Never heard anything unless we opened the sliding glass door and then we could hear the luau, EWP, wishes, etc. We loved it!

How late does the luau go? And was it a pain getting around the marina to get to the pool every time?

I'm thinking it went close to 10pm but unless you opened the slider, you really didn't even notice it. The door is really thick! If we opened the door, Wishes sounded like bombs exploding (no kidding!) but with the door closed, we really couldn't hear it.

The pool is closed currently so we did not go to the pool (and it was cold). However, we did walk to the boat dock multiple times. It's not a long walk from Fiji to either the dock or to the GCH. Maybe 5 mins if you walked REALLY slow.

We stayed 3rd floor Rarotonga and it was great! Super quiet and doesn't get any closer to the GCH. View was of monorail with DD loved to watch for. Cheap entertainment haha! Enjoy your stay! I've been staying there since I was a toddler, can't beat the location and the theme is my favorite.

Does it matter if the rooms are connecting or not? Are connected rooms noisier in general?

We have stayed in Rarotonga 3 times, and love its super convenient location. Very quiet, too. We always request ground floor, because we like a patio and no elevator, but we have also stayed in Hawaii 3rd floor overlooking the quiet pool, and it was quiet, as long as the glass was closed. Open, we enjoyed a guest playing acoustic guitar... It was actually really nice. Since you want to wait to make room requests until 2 weeks before check in (to ensure that the poly staff see it), you can gauge if the quiet pool is closed. If it is, request monorail side to avoid construction noise.

Does it matter if the rooms are connecting or not? Are connected rooms noisier in general?

We had a connecting room and it was really quiet but I don't even know for sure anyone was in the room. I have trouble believing it was empty for a whole week.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter