First timer at DLP with 3 Adults with Questions!

lthiesfeld07

Mouseketeer
Hello everyone,

I am new to the DLP board! My husband and I are planning a trip to London, Paris and Italy for June 2016. We are traveling with our friend, John too.

They are letting me plan 2 nights and 2 days at Disneyland Paris! I am so unbelievably excited!

We need a hotel for at least 2 nights, maybe 3. We're on a budget, but aren't opposed to staying onsite. Hotel Santa Fe and Hotel Cheyenne sound nice.

Is there anywhere to get discounted tickets, like Undercovertourist or The Official Ticket Center?

I'm sure this is an over asked question and I'll make sure I look over all the threads on this board, but what are some Must-Do's at DLP? I'm only going to have 2 days and want to make sure I see/experience the important things!

Thank you all so much! :)

If you stay in one of the onsite Disney hotels you get park tickets included for your stay including arrival day and departure day - so 2 nights = 3 days tickets. You also get breakfast included - if its Santa Fe or Cheyenne there won't be any hot items
Cheyenne is due an upgrade soon so some of the rooms are looking a bit worse for wear. Santa Fe was re themed a couple of years ago to a Cars theme

DLP are celebrating a big birthday in 2017 so there are a lot of rides down for refurbishment this year - there is a list which I'll try and find for you

I don't know if you've been to DL California at all but DLP is similar in size - i.e. 2 parks next to each other so park hopping is really easy.

Don't miss Dreams- the show at the end of the evening (park closing), Ratatouille (the new ride in the studios and unique to DLP)

I just had to give a hello :wave: We're planning DLP for July of this year (July 1-3)!! I do hope you'll report after your trip, especially since you'll be going so soon before us and as first-timers from the States, it'll be a huge help!

The best way to book the hotel and park tickets package is to check the different country websites. You dont have to just book the offer showing on your country website, in fact most people have found that the USA website is far more expensive than any other country!

Have each open in a new tab and compare hotels and dates for each one

www.disneylandparis.co.uk UK
www.disneylandparis.ie Ireland
www.disneylandparis.fr France
www.disneylandparis.de Germany
www.disneylandparis.co.nl Netherlands
www.disneylandparis.co.it Italy
www.disneylandparis.co.be Belguim

Ok, brace yourself...
In June 2016, the following attractions will be closed:
- Big Thunder Mountains (the crown jewel of the park)
- Thunder Mesa Riverboat Landing (not a big deal)
- Peter Pan’s Flight
- La Cabane des Robinson / Adventure Isle
- Disneyland Railroad Discoveryland and Main Street Stations
- Star Tours
- Rock ‘n’ Roller Coaster starring Aerosmith
http://www.dlpguide.com/calendar/closures-refurbishments/

That's huge, you'll find walls everywhere.
I'm not saying it's not worth it, but just have the right expectations.
My must do's for a visitor familiar with WDW are:
- Phantom Manor: it's similar but with a slightly different backstory and quite darker. The second half of the ride is unique
- Alice's Curious Labyrinth: a little nice walkthrough unique to the park
- Space Mountains: if you like intense roller coasters. It's much more intense than the WDW or DLR one
- Indiana Jones: it's not the DLR ride, it's a small roller coaster with one inversion. Not great, but it's unique and it often has a short queue
- Dreams: Outstanding. Worth the ticket alone. See it twice.
- Ratatuille: great ride
- Cinemagique: great show

Thank you for all the replies!
Yes, I've braced myself for the closings... I'm more interested in the layout and the castle of course! I'll be happy with anything that I get to see. This will probably be my only time at DLP!

We stayed offset at the hotel Kyriad, reasonable price and good for the old budget. Also its practically onsite and is a short drive literally a few minutes

We (DH, DD7,DS9) will be there in June too! :) From 25Jun-01Jul. Staying at the Disneyland Hotel. Maybe we will see you!

Ill be there solo on May 23 for one day, will take train to and from Paris... can't wait!!! sounds silly maybe (but probably not to those on the Boards!) but so happy it will be my last day to end my trip to Italy and France!!

I have a few questions too. Is there anything like the Magical Express to bring you to the parks from the airport or train station? If not, how would you get there? Is there any sort of photopass option and if yes, how much does it cost? How does it work for park entrance? If I'm staying on-site for 3 nights, how many days of park entrance will I receive? Can I go to both parks on the same day? For example.....if I arrive early on Sept 15 and I'm leaving late on the 18th, can I be at the parks on the 15th, 16th, 17th and 18th? Or just 3 of the days because I'm there 3 nights. Thank you in advance. I'm so overwhelmed having never been here before!

If you are staying onsite your package will include tickets for the number of days you are there including arrival day and departure day so 3 nights = tickets for 4 days etc. These tickets are park hoppers so you can go to both parks as many times as you want each day. If you get there early in the morning you can even enter during EMH (usually 8-10am) . Tickets are collected at the hotel when you check in but your room may not be ready

There is a form of photo pass which is quite new. Ive never used it so can't tell you much about it but I do know there aren't as many photographers about as in USA parks

There is a bus from the airport (used to be called VEA but I can't remember its new name) but it isn't free like Magical express in the USA.
As well as using this you can get the TGV train from the airport to the station which is right at the gates of the parks - this is very fast about 10 minutes but can be the most expensive option
Get the RER train which is the commuter train and will take about 2 hrs as you need to change lines in Central Paris (but not change stations - this is usually the cheapest option but longest
Or a lot of people arrange a private shuttle which can work out reasonably cheap if there are a few of you and takes you door to door.

This thread in the useful info sticky has more info
http://www.disboards.com/threads/travelling-to-dlp-by-plane.1004423/

There are shuttle buses from the parks to the hotels and the station is right next to the buses if you get the RER or TGV.

Im not sure which train station you were referring to when you said about getting to the parks from the station

I would suggest taking the coach, its about a 40min journey from the airport (if charles de gualle)but not too bad, we laying about £45 each for that.. you'd think thye'd include these things lol. Theres still plenty to do even with closures, and get the characters, fun at any age, i was 21 and getting as many pics with characters as i could find, i'll be 28 on next trip and still doing it :) xx

if you are more than 2 in your party, the quickest, most convenient, and often cheapest, way of transferring between CDG airport and the Disney area, is by private or shared shuttle, booked in advance, ie -
rstransports
ezyshuttle.com
tioshuttle
interserviceprestige

The VEA coach (Magical Shuttle I think its called now) is one of the slowest and most expensive ways of transferring these days.

My husband and I are also planning our first trip for late August this year. We are DVC members, do you know if we get park tickets when we book on points or only if we book a package? Thanks in advance!!

We will be there July 2-5. Disappointed about the ride closures as it will probably be our only trip with our kids, but they are excited!
We are DVC- I believe it is room only- we just ended up paying cash because we wanted an upgraded room.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter