• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

First timer, and I could use some opinions!!

Awesome info and advice!! Thanks:) I've decided against the dvc after the advice here, a little research and kind of a gut feeling.
Actually if you fly into mco you can use magical express to get to your hotel. Any other airport will mean you will need to pay a cab or shuttle or rent a car. If you rent a car you will pay parking. So you may be better off paying for the flight into mco and cutting costs elsewhere in your budget.

I am so sorry for your loss... sending hugs to all of you...:hug:

If you want to rent a DVC, I suggest using David's DVC rental... nothing but good reviews and service... very reputable...
They are very responsive, just email and they will respond right away... As well no pressure on adding Dinning plans, and such...

I would just book it myself, lots resorts and resort styles to choose from... and you can add tickets, dinning and such... Look at what the promotions are like discounted rooms, and free dinning.... I just like to cut out the middle man... Call Disney Direct they are vacation planners with the most experience... and they will walk you through it, and give you suggestions and prices, which I have found are better than when using a travel agent...or a third party....

Have a magical time... pixiedust:

I highly recommend Lyft to and from the parks and airport. The Disney busses are more convenient to MK, but Lyft was faster for every other park, and MDE to/from the airport can waste hours! I wouldn't hesitate to book a Disney Springs hotel and just budget $100-$200 for transportation. Most were $7-10, on or offsite (Windsor Hills), airport was $25, I think. Much less than cost of rental car even before resorts started charging for parking.

I also have an amazing travel agent who can usually beat any rate I see online, including AP discounts. I don't know the March rates, but she got us an unbelievable deal for Pop in Dec. I have tried others (even at the same agency) who were less than stellar, but this one I would recommend to anyone.

Register for the Mousesavers newsletter to hear about deals, ticket prices, etc. We stayed at Pop Century several times and loved the convenience of using Disney busses to the parks and Disney Springs. Also the Magic Express to get to the hotel. Hate driving in that area. Depending on the ages of the kids, you may not want to do parks every day. When we took our family there, the grandkids were more interested in swimming at the hotel that staying late at the parks. We have had park hopper, no expirations tickets for years (down to our last one now), but almost never park hopped. You spend too much time just being transported back and forth. I almost always booked through Disney, but also used DVC rentals other than David's and had good results. Even though studios say they sleep four that is really a stretch since the bed and pull out couch are right next to each other. Would never do a studio again.

Thanks to you all again for the awesome answers and nice words
I'm sooo excited: I just booked and put the deposit on our stay at pop century and park tickets!
My kids and I were super thrilled when we found out the trip doesn't have to be paid for in full before we can design our magic bands OR get fast passes and dining reservations!
So cool that you get to start having fun before you even leave!
I actually started with small world and hit a bump...but or ended up fine, and I even saved $300 finding my own package.
Now I just have to try and be at least as patient as the kids!
Has anyone used open table for dining reservations? I dont plan on eating a lot of meals at sit down places, but prime time dinner looks like too much fun to pass up!

Thanks to you all again for the awesome answers and nice words
I'm sooo excited: I just booked and put the deposit on our stay at pop century and park tickets!
My kids and I were super thrilled when we found out the trip doesn't have to be paid for in full before we can design our magic bands OR get fast passes and dining reservations!
So cool that you get to start having fun before you even leave!
I actually started with small world and hit a bump...but or ended up fine, and I even saved $300 finding my own package.
Now I just have to try and be at least as patient as the kids!
Has anyone used open table for dining reservations? I dont plan on eating a lot of meals at sit down places, but prime time dinner looks like too much fun to pass up!

Hope you have a magical trip! :goodvibes

I'm not sure any of the Disney-owned restaurants are on Open Table, but some of the privately owned ones are. If you book through Open Table, you can avoid Disney's no-show charge ($10 per person if canceled less than 24 hours before the reservation). If you are a member of Landry's Select Club ($25 to join, but you get a $25 one-time welcome credit and a $25 credit during your birthday month each year - you used to be able to combine them at the same meal, but apparently not anymore), you won't need reservations at those restaurants - just walk up and show your card and they will seat you as soon as possible. At Disney, that includes both Rainforest Cafes and T-Rex.

Prime Time is a fun meal, and the peanut butter and jelly milkshake is delicious! You can also order the milkshakes to go at the bar if you decide not to eat there :thumbsup2

I am so sorry for your loss. I can imagine that the holidays were tough... hopefully you will have a magical experience at WDW!
I'm sorry that your travel agent missed the mark- contrary to popular belief they can be extremely helpful in navigating the Wonderful World of Disney!
David's is a great DVC rental site, but we have had great results with the resale part of the DIS (here).
For this trip, I wouldn't go with the DDP... and parks is up to you... my biggest piece of advice is don't try to do too much. WDW is amazing... and you can't see/experience everything in one visit. Relax... enjoy your children... and relish the memories! To that end, you may want to purchase Memory Maker before you go... it will be cheaper than adding it during your stay. At under $200 (for advance purchase) you will be able to get as many photos from the PhotoPass cast as you want, as well as some of the rides take videos and add them complementary. This might be the trip to add this "extra."

First of all, I'm sorry for your loss.

Pop Century Resort is a lot of fun and was recently renovated so all of the rooms are newly remodeled! If you plan on staying at the parks all of or the majority of the day each day I would use the extra day as a pool/shopping/relaxing day, but if you only plan on being half-ish day then I'd use it as another park day. And the reiterate what the PP said, don't try to do everything, you won't be able to. You and your kids should make a list of the top few things you want to do/see in each park and focus on them first, then with any time you still have do other things, that way you can get what you want done and everything else can feel like a bonus! And to add onto what the PP said about Memory Maker, if it's not in your budget then the Photopass Photographers will take your picture with your camera/phone as well, so you can still get great pictures!

We really love 50s Prime Time, the food is good and the atmosphere is fun and unique. Hope you can experience it!

If that agency is selling RCI reservations , it is illegal and both RCI and DVC can cancel the reservation.

There are no Disney buses from the parks to Disney Springs, but the Disney Springs hotels typically have their own shuttles.

Actually, there are buses from the parks TO Disney Springs, but there are no buses FROM Disney Springs to the parks.
https://disneyparks.disney.go.com/b...-disney-springs-from-theme-parks-after-4-p-m/

https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/guest-services/bus-transportation/
"One-way bus service from the 4 Disney theme parks operates daily from 4:00 PM until 11:00 PM or 2 hours after theme parks close, whichever is earlier."

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter