First time to WDW with a stroller help...

Dakota731

DIS Veteran
Which is the best & cheapest company to rent from and what is the best type of stroller for a two year old?

I bought a jeep brand, single hand collapsible stroller for my trip a few years ago. We wanted to take a stroller with us for the time in airport. Cost $50 and was such a great investment. I bought this stroller just for Disney.

I'm not sure what company to rent from, as we bring our stroller with us. However, I can't recommend a city mini stroller enough! It folds with one hand, and is very easy to steer. Wouldn't go to Disney without it!

I always used cheap umbrella strollers with a basket, super easy and fast to jump in and out for buses and easy to fold. Easier to maneuver in the airport and parks. I bought one at Walmart thinking I would throw it away after a few times and it lasted 4 years and by then she no longer needed a stroller so I sold it at my garage sale.

We rented from Kingdom strollers and had a positive experience. I like that they dropped off and picked up right at our resort and I was able to add a case of water to the order. The price was competitive and I was able to get a dual BOB for our kiddos. The stroller was clean and came with a rain guard and soft cooler to bring into the parks.

The biggest issue when renting from a private company is carrying it to and from the parks. When buses are full the strollers become a pain. My husband waited behind for 40 minutes to get on a bus with our stroller one morning. He sent me ahead to MK with the kids.

We rented from Magic Strollers and had no issues. They dropped it off with Bell Service early in the morning of our arrival and we dropped it off before we boarded DME on our way home. The stroller was not brand new, but in pretty good shape. Problem with renting in the parks is not being able to use it outside the parks (i.e. the walk to Disney transportation, to walk to your room at the resort, Disney Springs, etc.). Plus if you're staying a week, the fee adds up quick. Renting worked out well for us. One piece of advice is to mark your stroller distinctly so you can easily spot it among the hundreds of strollers at the parks. And CMs will move it as they arrange the stroller parking area.

I have rented ECVs at Disney World from Scooter Bug, and have been happy with the service. They rent strollers also. If you go to there website you can see the different strollers and the cost to rent.

We just came back from WDW, with my nephew who will be 4 next week. We just went by and target and got the Mickey Mouse umbrella stroller from target. It was $25.00. We were in Orlando for a few days after Disney without my nephew and we donated the stroller to goodwill.

With a 2 year old, definitely rent a good stroller that can be napped in. We rented the park ones, but my kids were 4 and 6.

I'd go with one from kingdom strollers - we always use them and get the citi mini GT (double, but they have singles too). HUGE sunshade, fully reclines, cup holders included, and storage under seat. Well worth the cost to rent for the week and way more comfy for littles than the hard plastic park ones!

We're also figuring out the stroller thing, so I'm just wondering - is there a compelling reason to rent rather than just bring your own? We actually have a City Mini double stroller, which seems to be a popular Disney rental here!

(Meant to quote the post above mine - sorry, I'm new here!)

We're also figuring out the stroller thing, so I'm just wondering - is there a compelling reason to rent rather than just bring your own? We actually have a City Mini double stroller, which seems to be a popular Disney rental here!

(Meant to quote the post above mine - sorry, I'm new here!)
Most people that have a nice stroller don't want to risk it getting ruined on the flight, or stolen in the parks. If you're driving and have the space, that's different! We rent and pay the $20 for insurance every time, and have never had any issues.

Most people that have a nice stroller don't want to risk it getting ruined on the flight, or stolen in the parks. If you're driving and have the space, that's different! We rent and pay the $20 for insurance every time, and have never had any issues.

Good point - we are flying, and I'd be very upset if it was stolen!

When DD was little we just used an umbrella stroller that I bought from a yard sale. She had no problem napping in it- and neither did any of the nieces and nephews that used it when she wasn't using it. Lasted through 5 years of trips. It finally fell apart and was left in a dumpster at our hotel!

We love Kingdom Strollers. Usually, we get the City Mini Double. Big enough for the kids to take naps in, easy to navigate and fold, etc. Be sure to order the (free) rain cover and cooler bag when you reserve. That rain cover was a life saver, multiple times over, on our last trip. Kids remained dry and safe in the stroller as the daily Florida monsoon about drowned my husband and I. :rolleyes2

We've used both Kingdom Strollers & Magic Strollers and had good experiences with both companies. I think Magic Strollers ended up being cheaper for our longer stay, just based on the way they do their pricing. We got a City Mini both times, and both companies included a rain cover at no extra cost. The City Mini is really easy to push & fold; it's a little bit heavy to take on the buses but it's a great stroller especially if you have a kid who will nap in it. If you decide to rent, get the insurance for the extra $20-ish because it will cover you if the stroller gets damaged or stolen during your stay.

How many days are you going? We got both of ours cheap on sale so it was cheaper than renting. My $90 city mini has been on 4 park trips.

Well we already own a double city mini (I'm guessing yours is probably a single? $90 would be a steal for a double, even with a crazy sale!), I just don't want to drag it all the way down to Florida and on the tram and such if we're unlikely to use it. Typically the kids want us to bring it for the sole reason of them trying to climb in and out every five seconds and do crazy acrobatics in the process. If they're told getting in means staying in, they prefer walking every time.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter