First time sailing out of Miami (driving)..any hotels have parking and shuttles?

lwilliam

<font color=deeppink>Goofylover<br><font color=tea
We are driving from Orlando (our home). Do any of the nice hotels (I’m a hotel snob, lol) have parking and free shuttles to Magic and back after cruise? Looking at a cruise in December.

What do you call a nice hotel?
Just have a look at sites like hotels.com and check the amenities, many hotels near the Port have shuttles, or take a taxi/uber.

When we sailed out of Miami, there were lots of pricey hotels that offered shuttles. Just be aware that many also charge you to park your car there, some over $30/day.

We are flying into FFL instead of Miami, rates were much lower and taking an Uber to to our hotel in Miami. We are staying at the Doubletree Biscayne Bay, it’s right on the water with views of the port.

We are cruising right after the New Year and there are 5 of us. The Doubletree not only has nice hotel rooms but 1-4 bedroom condos.

We can not wait fo our cruise.

I did a lot of research on hotels in the Miami area. It all depends on you budget. There are many options, you can stay near the airport, on Miami Beach, South Beach or in the City of Miami.

Good luck, I use Trip Advisor, lots of photos and reviews to help make my decision.

We flew into FLL the afternoon before the cruise then Uber/Lyft to Miami (Miami airfare was $$$$$). We stayed at the Holiday Inn Port of Miami. It was right across from Bayside Marketplace which essentially was an outdoor mall area with restaurants. The room was clean and quiet but nothing special. Got a higher floor with a port view, so it was cool seeing the ships from our window. Took another Uber/Lyft to the port itself. Hotel was also a block from a CVS and a McDonald's so super convenient for cheap food and any last-minute items. Coming back we did a dayuse at the Ft Lauderdale Residence Inn hotel near FLL. It did take an hour to get a room but it was great - able to take a nap and refresh/repack before our flight later that day. The travel between FLL and Miami took almost an hour each way through due to traffic and the roads in general. So it may be worth your while to just bite the bullet and just spend the extra funds for Miami airfare. If we were to stay in Miami longer we would have probably chosen somewhere else to stay and explore but since it was only for a night it wasn't bad at all.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter