First time renter. Have some questions.

Soulshift

Earning My Ears
I am looking to rent points to stay at BRV. I know in general how it works, but a few questions.

Once they book it for us do we just add it to our account on the APP?
We can book our own FP+ and dining?
How do we go about adding tickets and such?

I just dont know any of the logistics of renting. I know i pay you and you reserve the room but beyond that im not sure. We have always done the packages with air and tickets and rooms all in one and so we are unsure about any risks and such. If anyone went wrong it could ruin a vacation.

Thanks for any info to help ease our minds on if we should rent. The savings are big so Im trying to convince the wife we should seriously consider it.

Go through a reputable company, you will get a reservation number to add to your app and you do your own fast passes and dining reservations, if you want to add a dining plan the person renting the points would add it to your reservation, I have rented my points through David’s rentals before and had a great experience, and have friends rent points through them and had no issues.

Renting gets you just the room. Everything else is on its own. If you want the dining plan, the owner has to add it and will require you to give them your CC info, or get Disney gift cards to pay. Be sure you know which one before you agree as owners make their own rules.

Tickets are on your own, either trough Disney or another third party seller, Once you have your reservation number, you add to MDE like you would a cash stay via Disney,

Just be sure you understand the cancellation and refund differences with renting. Most are non refundable and changing the reservation is also not always allowed.

Try to set up a rental 10-11 months early if you are looking for a peak time, or studios as they go fast.

Since it's your first time renting, go with a reputable company (board sponsor or one other). There are two big names that do DVC rentals.

As the other posters have said, all they do is get you a room. Once you have the confirmation number, you can add it to MDE.

You can purchase tickets directly from Disney or through Undercover Tourist or other legitimate discount ticket re-sellers.

If you want the dining plan, you need to contact the broker and let them know. Then be prepared to provide either your credit card information or a valid Disney gift card with the full amount on it so that it can be added (it needs to be paid in full at the time it is added). If you aren't sure if you want to add a dining plan, ask the broker the latest it can be done (likely 1 week prior to the trip, because Disney requires it 48 hours before the reservation begins and there are no guarantees that the owner of the points will be available right away).

So, if you do get the plan and want to provide a credit card number, contact your credit card company for a virtual credit card number that can be used . It's linked to your original credit card number (so you'll get the statement under it) but this way, you can feel comfortable knowing that it is a one-time use (and I believe it expires within so many days of it being issued). Let the credit card company know the estimated amount of the charge too.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter