First Time RC cruiser - Questions

tchan03

I have found my Cinderella
I am new RC cruiser, will be on Oasis of the Seas next month (mar 14-21)
have some Questions :

1. Today I just got my reservation number from my travel agent and i logged on RoyalCarbbiean website. However i cannot find anywhere to book things like character breakfast, any idea?

2. My friends who went on Allure before, said that all regular restaurants (lunches/dinner) have to be booked, true ?

3. the show CATS, is it suitable for children age 7 and 4? (too boring?!)

Thanks
TC

I have not been on the newer ships, but usually their are menus to pull down those various sign up like excursions and on board activities (I am not currently booked, so I can not see any menus). Since you are using a travel agent, get on the phone with him/her and ask for help. They get paid to make sure you have a great vacation, (even before you set sail).

We were on Oasis a couple of months ago after sailing on Disney and both of my boys (age 7 and 4) loved it and can't wait to go back.

The dinners depend on what type of dining is on your reservation. We had traditional dining, so you are assigned a table and a dinning room that you go to every day. If you have my time dining, then you need to set up a time for each night. Check your reservation on the Royal Caribbean website if you are not sure. Lunches do not need to be booked.

We did not try Cats because everyone was saying it was very boring for adults. There is so much else to do on the ship that you may want to skip it. My boys liked the two water shows, although the night time show was a little boring for them. They also liked the fountain show and the ice skating show.

We did a character breakfast a few years ago on the Freedom of the Seas and found it was boring compared to Disney character breakfasts, so we didn't even look into it on Oasis. Sorry I can't help here.

I would say that we loved Johnny Rockets for breakfast and did this nearly every morning. It is free and it was often very quiet.

Let me know if you have any other questions.

I have noticed the option to book the character breakfast under the My Cruises option. Once you login, you select your reservation number and there is a section where it lets you book the breakfast, entertainment, excursions , etc. I booked directly through RCL so not sure if your options are the same booking through an agent.

Dining
If you are signed up for traditional dining, you will be assigned a time (either early or late) and table.
If you are signed up for My Time Dining (more likely, but not definite), you CAN reserve a time via the website, but you don't have to. You can just "walk up" and wait for a table. But it's like going to a restaurant, you may have a wait or you may not.
If you want to do specialty dining (extra cost) you probably need to reserve a time at some point. You can do that on the ship if you so desire, but the longer you wait, the more of a chance of not getting into the restaurant you want.

Shows
It's been a long time since I've seen Cats, but the staging, costumes, and (most especially for me) the music made it interesting. However, there's no real "storyline" and I can easily see a 7yo & 4yo getting bored a couple songs in. If you're interested in seeing it, you can drop the kids off at Adventure Ocean and pick them up after the show.
You'll want to make reservations online before you board for:
* Ice Show
* Water/diving show (earlier in the week is better in case they have to cancel, you'll have another chance to see it)
* Comedy club (adults only)
* Headliner
* Cats

There's no penalty if you make a reservation and don't show.

Online Signups
RCI's IT department is notoriously bad. I would definitely expect you to be able to book shows/excursions/dining by now if your sailing is in a month. If you can't see how to do that, call RCI or your TA and tell them you need help.
And even if you've booked through a TA, if your have your reservation number, you should be able to book everything online (including signing waivers for zipline and Flowrider).

thanks all

Too bad char breakfast is now extra $....i wanted to but at the same time want to save $ and time and the encounter is not that long and fun.

Do you find other opportunites to take photos with characters are equally fun as char breakfast ( and assuming the wait line is not too long, then
i may skip char breakfast )

TC

Quick Cats synopsis. It's about homeless cats in a junk yard. I saw it with my daughter then age 8. The only part she like was the song Jellicle Cat. Too boring for kids. I wish they left Hairspray.

We were on the Allure in November, and found that even though they say to make reservations at the other restaurants, it's not really necessary. Of course, double check, but that's what we experienced. We went to the Mexican restaurant and they were actually shocked that we thought to make a reservation. The restaurant was mostly empty (it was dinner time). The buffet is always open seating.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter