• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

first time post covid, trying to wrap my head around dining changes--please help

Same. We've gone on multiple "sold out" days and have never waited more than 20-30 minutes for a mobile order slot.

Mobile ordering is SO EASY and I hope they never scale it back (esp the "your order must be ready before you snag a table" part - it's great!!)
Been twice during Covid and going again next month, Couldn't agree more! I love mobile ordering... like you I never waited for an order slot and find it so convenient to have food ready and tables available when I arrive. I think this is a keeper and will last way beyond Covid.

If you want TS, book TS... when the restaurant first opens, you can log into the app and request to be on standby but the lists close fast and even if you can get in you will be called whenever they call you. If you're lucky, it can work but definitely not a good plan. Keep trying to book an actual ressie... even once you get on property... people cancel all the time.

FWIW, I don't think this is a matter of increasing dining capacity in restaurants. Under new guidelines they can do that... but they need staff. If doesn't help if they give you a table and there's no one to take your order or cook your food. Until they can bring in the staff they need to service the restaurants, I suspect capacity will continue to be limited.

On our way home from a fantastic Disney trip. I did no ADRs and no Table service.

We made lunch quick service reservations while in line for our first ride of the day.

Could not have been easier for our group of 7.

Counter service menus have come a long way and had something for everyone and good food! And it's convenient and easy.

Our food at Pizza Rizzos was ready a little too early and I got a screen that I lost our food, but we arrived and the cast members waved us through, no problem.

Ordered for dinner at Pecos Bill's about 2 pm in Magic Kingdom for last night at 6:40. So nice to walk up, get your food, table and eat.

Social distancing is really not much of a thing anymore at Disney.

Maybe some staffing shortages, but it's not noticeable. Except that parking lot trams are not running, yet.

with the major exception of Jaleo- one of the best meals I’ve ever had.
I was very underwhelmed by table service with how much I spent my last trip. I enjoyed chicken guy more than a meal that cost 4X as much

There are a few apps that will send you a notification if your desired ADR becomes available. Not sure if I can post links, but there is one that is only $6 per month and it is wonderful! You can cancel anytime. I get at least 3-4 notifications per day.

Same. We've gone on multiple "sold out" days and have never waited more than 20-30 minutes for a mobile order slot.

Mobile ordering is SO EASY and I hope they never scale it back (esp the "your order must be ready before you snag a table" part - it's great!!)
Yes, we love it - especially with small children, makes it so much more convenient.

A few questions..is it only mobile orders, or just an option? Also, we are from Canada, so usually take cash for exchange purposes, would this mean we would have to order and pay online, or can you pay when you pick up? Thanks!

A few questions..is it only mobile orders, or just an option? Also, we are from Canada, so usually take cash for exchange purposes, would this mean we would have to order and pay online, or can you pay when you pick up? Thanks!

You should be able to order and pay in person (for cash payments, allergy orders, not having a phone, etc), but some of the CMs at restaurant entrances really try to push the mobile ordering.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter