First time on DCL - thoughts after the trip

I think a part of DCLs food problems has to do with lack of honest feedback on surveys. We know our server will get dinged if we don’t mark the food down as excellent. This is just absolutely ridiculous to me. My server should be responsible for serving me in a friendly and timely manner and my assistant should keep my table cleared and my drinks full...the chef and dining managers should be the ones held accountable for food quality and choices.

We’ve overscored the food on so many surveys because we didn’t want our great servers penalized. It’s a real disservice to DCL though if they can’t get feedback on the food.

I think a part of DCLs food problems has to do with lack of honest feedback on surveys. We know our server will get dinged if we don’t mark the food down as excellent. This is just absolutely ridiculous to me. My server should be responsible for serving me in a friendly and timely manner and my assistant should keep my table cleared and my drinks full...the chef and dining managers should be the ones held accountable for food quality and choices.

We’ve overscored the food on so many surveys because we didn’t want our great servers penalized. It’s a real disservice to DCL though if they can’t get feedback on the food.

Sadly, just as many of us are afraid to leave any negative comments, there’s those who have minimal imperfections and over dramatize the impact on their entire vacation.
There was a thread recently that I read about a tour that came back late and it wasn’t the fault of the tour guide but a couple of slow going tourists that should’ve gotten on the bus earlier at the last stop. Everyone knows that Disney expects excellence and no one one of the tour guide to catch the ding for not getting the group back on time. I was so happy to hear that many gave the tour guide all good marks. Got a little tear for that in my eye.

I can just hear the review now of the other kind of person looking to get money back because they were late to dinner.... it takes all kinds.

I’m so sad they are now charging for the “all hands on deck” fruit & cheese platter in room service now.

More recent room service menu:
http://disneycruiselineblog.com/menus/room-service-menu/
All Hands on Deck: They only did that for about 2 weeks in January 2016. They got tons of complaints and said it was a 'printing error'. All Hands on Deck went back to being free as of 1/10/16.

Wait, so room service on DCL is free/included (other than tipping the person that bring it to your room)??

Wait, so room service on DCL is free/included (other than tipping the person that bring it to your room)??
Yes 99% of the items from room service are free. Pre-packaged snacks (like candy/popcorn), alcohol, and soda will have a charge attached to them--and it will say so on the menu.

On our cruise we hung the 'breakfast' sheet on our doorknob before we went to bed and had it delivered around 6:30AM on the day we had an early excursion. Room service breakfast doesn't include anything hot (other than coffee/tea)--but we were fine with lots of pastries, cereal, and fruit bowls. We also did room service our last night--an all hands on deck cheese plate and 2 Mickey Bars (a secret menu item!)

Love reading threads about food on the ships. Having been on RCL, Carnival, Holland American, Princess and DCL - I think DCL is the best food especially in the MDRs and the quick service options by the pool. Food is very subjective :)
Cabanas is OK, but my complaint is not that it closes too early, but that it doesn't open up early enough. 7 or 7:30 is sooo late for me in the morning. I wake up around 5 and am starving, but I realize it would be foolish to open it up that early for the 2 or 3 of us on the ship that are up at that time :) I usually get some food the night before from room service for me to have in the mornings (the Uncrustables work perfect for me).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter