First time on a cruise period! What are your tips?

Know going in that you will NOT be able to do everything that you would like to. Pick a few things to focus on that you really want to do, and let the rest go. You can have a very unrelaxing vacation on a Disney Cruise with so many activities to choose from. Have an amazing cruise!

This is great advise. I’d add to not prebook too many “extra cost” options. I got a little caught up in that and we ended up not using 3 bike rentals, two snorkeling passes, two float rentals and two rainforest passes. Glad at last minute I cancelled chocolate tasting bc we probably would have skipped that too. There’s so much to do on a 4 night cruise and leaving time to relax and explore was best for us.
Glad we did book Bibbidi and stingray feeding but wasted a bunch of money on things we didn’t have time to do or only kids needed.

Curious question, why do so many people swear by taking a lanyard? I can bring one without a problem, but I carry my wallet everywhere, so what benefit would this bring over keeping it in my wallet?

I often do not have pockets and don't always carry my phone with me so it leaves me hands-free. Even when I do carry my phone, it's in a wristlet and it's a pain to always have to open it to get it out to pay for drinks or open my door. There's no reason to carry a wallet on board ship since everything is paid for with the KTTW card so, to me, a wallet is overkill. Even when I carry the wristlet, it basically has my phone and would have the KTTW card if it wasn't in a lanyard. Nothing else is required.

Being a 17 year old guy you don't need a lanyard, you might feel weird wearing it anyway. Your pockets will be fine. Having polo shirts for dinner will be fine with a pair of slacks. You can change right after dinner, so keep them clean and use them multiple times. If your friend and his dad plan to wear a tie then you know what to bring too.

Instead of buying seasick medicine, when you get on the ship go to Guest Services and ask for a seasick pill. It's free. Take it while still docked. If you need more you can go back to gs or to the medical facility on deck 1 or 2 and get some from in front of the entrance.

You might enjoy the buffets more than sit down lunch and breakfast; they take more time and don't offer as much diversity, in my opinion.

My 17 year old son had a great time. Check out the teen place the first night. Tons of free places to eat along with free soda.

Read the Navigator carefully and learn the ship's layout so you can get to places.

Mark your sunglasses so you can easily identify them in case you leave them by the pool.

Ride the Aquaduck at night too.

Don't forget the sunscreen, especially your back. A sunburn will ruin your trip!

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter