• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

First time MaxPass user...Help with tips and how to use.

Can you elaborate on how this linking worked? We are going with a group of 4 (DH, myself, DS and his friend). The boys are 17 and may want to go off on their own. I'm just not sure how to enter the tickets on the app and buy MP so we can get some FP together and they could go off on their own and get FP. We will all have the app and we each have our own accounts and are "friends" on the account from a previous trip to DisneyWorld. Thanks!
I'll try my best to remember what we did! My friend already had MaxPass on her DL app through her annual passport. I bought a single day ticket + MaxPass through the Disneyland app. Then on the DL app homescreen under "get fastpass with DisneyMaxPass" there's an option to "link a ticket or pass" by scanning the other person's barcode or entering the ID# from the ticket. We each did that so we were linked on each other's phones. It sounds like you're all already linked somehow, although you might have to do it again with the DL app. You should be able to link the accounts ahead of time, whenever you all have your tickets and MaxPasses purchased.

Once you have everyone's tickets electronically linked in the app, then under "get fastpass with DisneyMaxPass" you can "create a fastpass party." There were just two of us and we stayed together, so it wasn't complicated. I don't know if you can make multiple configurations, like a "party" for all 4 of you and separate "parties" of 2. I'm pretty sure that even with all 4 tickets linked, you can choose who the fastpasses are for per ride. Like if one person went into the app to get fastpasses for Space Mountain, I *think* at that point it lets you choose who in the party wants the passes and you can select or deselect people. I can't recreate that without being in the park, but I'm pretty sure we had that option. The fastpasses show up on everyone's app after one person in the party claims them.

Hope that helps!

I'll try my best to remember what we did! My friend already had MaxPass on her DL app through her annual passport. I bought a single day ticket + MaxPass through the Disneyland app. Then on the DL app homescreen under "get fastpass with DisneyMaxPass" there's an option to "link a ticket or pass" by scanning the other person's barcode or entering the ID# from the ticket. We each did that so we were linked on each other's phones. It sounds like you're all already linked somehow, although you might have to do it again with the DL app. You should be able to link the accounts ahead of time, whenever you all have your tickets and MaxPasses purchased.

Once you have everyone's tickets electronically linked in the app, then under "get fastpass with DisneyMaxPass" you can "create a fastpass party." There were just two of us and we stayed together, so it wasn't complicated. I don't know if you can make multiple configurations, like a "party" for all 4 of you and separate "parties" of 2. I'm pretty sure that even with all 4 tickets linked, you can choose who the fastpasses are for per ride. Like if one person went into the app to get fastpasses for Space Mountain, I *think* at that point it lets you choose who in the party wants the passes and you can select or deselect people. I can't recreate that without being in the park, but I'm pretty sure we had that option. The fastpasses show up on everyone's app after one person in the party claims them.

Hope that helps!
This. Even if all are in the same MP group, when you go to get an MP it asks which in the group you want to get MP for. You can choose all or select certain group members.

:wizard:

So, does each person have to have a Disney account set up to link their tickets? Or when you scan them in at the park are you able to assign a name to the ticket then and then link it?

We're picking our tix up at Will Call the morning we first go to the parks, so I'm trying to figure out the process so we can set up Maxpass quickly

So, does each person have to have a Disney account set up to link their tickets? Or when you scan them in at the park are you able to assign a name to the ticket then and then link it?

We're picking our tix up at Will Call the morning we first go to the parks, so I'm trying to figure out the process so we can set up Maxpass quickly
Have the app set up on your phone, with your payment information included. When you get your tickets, open the "My Tickets" part of the app, and tap the "Link Tickets & Passes." It'll ask you to let it scan your tickets. When you do, you'll have the opportunity to name them (you only have this opportunity the first time they're scanned). You can scan all tickets into as many versions of the app as you wish. You can do this while you're waiting at the gate. Once you've been scanned through, tap "Get FASTPASS with Disney MaxPass" and follow the directions. It's super-easy and fast.

Have the app set up on your phone, with your payment information included. When you get your tickets, open the "My Tickets" part of the app, and tap the "Link Tickets & Passes." It'll ask you to let it scan your tickets. When you do, you'll have the opportunity to name them (you only have this opportunity the first time they're scanned). You can scan all tickets into as many versions of the app as you wish. You can do this while you're waiting at the gate. Once you've been scanned through, tap "Get FASTPASS with Disney MaxPass" and follow the directions. It's super-easy and fast.
what service provider did you have? I have been told its difficult deepening on the provider? Is this true?

what service provider did you have? I have been told its difficult deepening on the provider? Is this true?
No, it's not true. The app may vary a bit depending on your platform (iOS vs Android or other - I don't know, I've never seen it on any but iOS devices), but the provider makes no difference at all. FTR, I'm on Verizon.

... If he does have a separate account, how do I log our dining reservations onto his phone, too?

You can link your dining reservations to other accounts. I have done this on the DLR website (there is a button for linking reservations -- it must be fairly self explanatory or else I wouldn't have been able to do it!), but not through the app. Another simple option is to forward your reservation email confirmations to your husband's phone. Then he will have copies of all your reservations, just in case.

There's no reason to, really. Your dining reservations are totally separate from anything else you have as far as FP or MP. Basically, you go to the desk and tell them who you are and that you're there for your reservation. As long as you know when and where your reservation is, your Disney account is immaterial. You don't need it to redeem a dining reservation the way you would a FastPass.

My friend and I both use iOS but with different generations of phones and different carriers (I use AT&T, not sure about her) and had no problem using our phones for MP/FP and linking our accounts.

There's no reason to, really. Your dining reservations are totally separate from anything else you have as far as FP or MP. Basically, you go to the desk and tell them who you are and that you're there for your reservation. As long as you know when and where your reservation is, your Disney account is immaterial. You don't need it to redeem a dining reservation the way you would a FastPass.

The only times we've needed to show our dining confirmations (email or on the app) are when we've entered the GCH through the front entrance (you are asked either for a GCH room key or a TS reservation confirmation) or at the turnstiles if there has been a gate closure. So it doesn't hurt to have the confirmations handy if either of those situations is a possibility.

Can I jump in here and ask how it works when you have a DAS pass and also plan on purchasing maxpass. How does that end up working on the app?
I have the app on MY phone, since he is the one getting a DAS pass would he need the app on his phone too?

Can I jump in here and ask how it works when you have a DAS pass and also plan on purchasing maxpass. How does that end up working on the app?
I have the app on MY phone, since he is the one getting a DAS pass would he need the app on his phone too?

This is a fantastic question. I am a WDW vet and am just trying to understand how FP/MP works at DLR, especially with no options for advance booking. My youngest will be needing a DAS pass when we go to WDW in Nov 2018, and will then need one for DLR in June 2019. Does the app also handle DAS or is that paper? Would we still need to stop at Guest Relations, or would they still have the info from our Nov. 2018 trip. This is in relation to a permanent condition, not a temporary one. Our last WDW trip, he was too small for many rides, and we took advantage of rider switch. Now, though, he is older and bigger but would have major safety issues in the standard line queues. Any advice or thoughts?

This is a fantastic question. I am a WDW vet and am just trying to understand how FP/MP works at DLR, especially with no options for advance booking. My youngest will be needing a DAS pass when we go to WDW in Nov 2018, and will then need one for DLR in June 2019. Does the app also handle DAS or is that paper? Would we still need to stop at Guest Relations, or would they still have the info from our Nov. 2018 trip. This is in relation to a permanent condition, not a temporary one. Our last WDW trip, he was too small for many rides, and we took advantage of rider switch. Now, though, he is older and bigger but would have major safety issues in the standard line queues. Any advice or thoughts?

DAS and MP are two separate systems at DLR. Both show up on the DL app. You will need to go to City Hall (DL) or Chamber of Commerce (DCA) on the morning of your first day to get the DAS. If the need is in any way mobility related, a DAS will not be given. That is a different policy -- wheelchair/scooter return time given at the ride exit for non-accessible rides in DL (rides in DCA are accessible). Since DAS and MP are separate, you can use both simultaneously. So you could have two different return times for the same ride -- one with MP and one with DAS. Neither one will be paper, both will be digital. The information from your previous visit will not be stored. You will need to reapply for this visit.
Here is the link to the DLR webpage on DAS: https://wdpromedia.disney.go.com/me.../dlr-disability-access-service_2017-07-17.pdf.

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter