first time in WDW in November

glm777

Mouseketeer
Hi all!
I am planning a trip for 9 to WDW Nov 13-22, 2016. I have been to WDW many times but usually in mid October for the MNSSHP. This time we have to go in November to accommodate everyone's work schedule. Is there a big difference in weather, park hours, etc. in November compared to October? Do you think we will be able to see holiday decorations up at most of the parks? I have always wanted to see WDW decorated for Christmas! We are also hoping to get free dining for our trip. I would appreciate any suggestions, info and advice. Thanks!!

We went 2 years ago in November and loved it. Going again this November. The weather was wonderful- warm days, low humidity, it only rained 1 day out of 8. The evenings can get cool so we had hoodies. Christmas decorations are up and we went to mvmcp. Our first disney trip was in June 2012 and it was so hot, so humid, and so rainy! Comparing those 2, November wins for us!

Typically your high temp will be a few degrees lower in mid November versus mid October. Maybe 3-5 degrees. You will likely see lows in the lower 60s. Having a jacket and/or sweaters packed may not be a bad idea. Rain is a little more likely, but nothing like the summer.

We went 2 years ago in November and loved it. Going again this November. The weather was wonderful- warm days, low humidity, it only rained 1 day out of 8. The evenings can get cool so we had hoodies. Christmas decorations are up and we went to mvmcp. Our first disney trip was in June 2012 and it was so hot, so humid, and so rainy! Comparing those 2, November wins for us!
Did you find that the MVMCP was worth it? We LOVE the MNSSHP!

Did you find that the MVMCP was worth it? We LOVE the MNSSHP!
We enjoyed it. We've never been for Halloween so I can't compare the 2. We did a lot of rides with little wait. We watched the parade in frontier land and during it, Santa pointed at my oldest (8 at the time) and said I know you've been good all year. The look on her face was priceless. We missed most of the fireworks because we were behind the castle. We didn't do any characters except the princesses and princes. The kids were too busy going on rides. That's what they wanted to do. We stayed until almost 11:30 enjoying the mostly empty park by then. We are going again this year. Can't wait!

It can be crowded as it is Jersey week and the end of F & W. So be prepared for higher crowd levels.

We went the third week of November in 2013 and loved it so much we are doing the exact same week this year. We can't wait. The parks were calm and the decorations were up. We also loved MVMCP. Enjoy!

It can be crowded as it is Jersey week and the end of F & W. So be prepared for higher crowd levels.

Really? I was hoping for smaller being the end of F&W and during the school year. It will be nothing compared to like spring break, Christmas/New Years, and Summer though right? 1st trip but I hear those are the craziest times to go.

It will be busy. Being the end of F&W makes it busy because folks that have not gone yet will race to get there before it ends. There is also a race Nov 7 -10 to add to the mix of Jersey week and F&W plus its a holiday. Plus all the rooms are sold out that gives you and idea how busy it will be.

I though NJ schools were off 11/5 & 11/6 with 11/3 thrown in for election day. Doesn't that make the week before (beginning 11/1) Jersey Week?

We loved going that week that you are going crowds were very low and weather was perfect!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter