First time hopping .. help . How to plan

TammyLynn33

DIS Veteran
This is DD 17 and my first trip hopping and I’m used to looking at park hours picking the parks and that’s that . Our park hours are not up yet . We go Feb 22-28 she’s running the Princess 5 k
How do I pick what park to start at ? And where to finish or ?
Any tips ? Thoughts info would be great !!
Thanks so much

Since there's no restrictions anymore, I used to start with the parks that opened earliest and then hop to the one that closed latest. Or start in DHS and close in Epcot. Or start in Epcot and end in MK.

Really I used to just wake up and decide which park I was in the mood to visit...

Since there's no restrictions anymore, I used to start with the parks that opened earliest and then hop to the one that closed latest. Or start in DHS and close in Epcot. Or start in Epcot and end in MK.

Really I used to just wake up and decide which park I was in the mood to visit...
Thanks . It just feels so weird

We like to open one park and close another. We take a break from roughly noon-3. Maybe longer, maybe shorter but for the most part that’s kind of the plan.

We like to do this because that way we get plenty of riding done. We take the first couple hours and last couple hours to ride the headliners, then do the lesser wait rides/attractions when things are busier.

The only thing I don’t like about that is we used to take a couple evenings to just relax at the resort (when we could prebook FP). Now we just do the relaxing/swimming during the day. We don’t pay for genie everyday. We will 2/3 days of our 6 days in the parks.

One thing I always consider is where I'm trying to go in Epcot if I park hop to there. If you want to get to one of the back pavilions in World Showcase It's almost better taking a boat or Skyliner from HS and entering via the International Gateway. It will save your legs instead of walking from the front to the back of the park.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter